Chapter eight

Chapter eight.
Katherine's pov:

Something was definitely going on in this house. And it was not just a meeting like Silas told me.

Men was running around the house, in and out of rooms, each time with a new thing in their hands. I watched them from the kitchen. Maybe then I'd get some answers on what was happening here.

I took a sip of my glass of water studying a man with a bag in one hand and a bucket in the other.

Suddenly from out of nowhere I felt a hand on my shoulder. "HEY!" The sudden noise made me jump and the glass of water spilled all over my white shirt.

"What the fuck Ezra!" I said as I realized it was him. His loud laughter filled the room, but stopped as I slapped him right across the face.

I didn't care to see his reaction, my shirt was now see through and sticking to my body. Thankfully I was wearing a bra, if I hadn't I know he wouldn't have got away with just a slap.

"Oh shit, sorry." He laughed again, almost loosing his balance in the process.

This bitch never stops laughing.

I gave him a stern look and he tried to hold his laughter the best he could.

As I got up from the chair a bunch of men entered the kitchen.

Perfect, fucking wonderful even!

And to top it all off Silas was there too. His eyes traveled to my chest the second he saw us. So did everyone else's. A chill crept up my neck and I swallowed hard.

By trying not to show how uncomfortable I felt standing in front of probably ten different men, I stood up straight and looked them all dead in the eyes.

As I met Silas's eyes he spoke. "Someone take her to—," he paused looking at all the men still staring lustfully at my breasts. "Come with me." He demanded and sighed. I wanted to do anything but that.

But I followed. Wouldn't want to stay one second longer then I had to in that room with all those eyes.

I slowly walked over to Silas and caught him rolling his eyes at me.

He rolled his eyes.

Before I got to walk past him he grabbed my arm and aggressively dragged me after him.

When we got to the stairs I managed to break from his grip for only a few seconds before he grabbed me again. "Fuck off!" I still tried twisting out of his hard grip.

He didn't seem too bothered, because he only kept walking.

"Let go of me! I can walk perfectly fine on my own." It was like I was talking to a wall. I hate when people ignore me, just like he was doing right now.

When we reached the top of the stairs he finally let go. Almost on reflex I pushed him back, it made him almost trip.

His eyes set on me as he stormed forward and with a great bit of strength pushed me against the wall.

"You fucking do that again and next time I'll have one of my men walk you upstairs!" A threat. I sure can imagine things those guys would have wanted to do to me.

His eyes was filled with anger as they burned into mine. I felt his hot breath on my face as he spoke and the smell of mint.

With both my arms planted to the wall and his knee in between my legs, I could do nothing but wait for him to let me go. This feeling is one of the things I hate most. The feeling of weakness.

"Let me go." I said slowly with my burning gaze set on him.

I felt uncomfortable with him standing this close to me, especially when certain body parts were a little too revealing. It made me feel weak when he stood like this towering over me.

"Stay in your room for the rest of the day." He said still placing me to the wall. Strands of dark hair was hanging down his forehead.

"What if I don't?" I asked tilting my head slightly to the side.  "What's going on in this house tonight anyway?"

He pushed off the wall and stood back. His grip on my wrists had made red marks which would probably turn blue by the end of the day.

"I told you it was a meeting, therefore stay in your room. I'll have someone bring you dinner."  He left at that, probably running away from any more questions I might have. Which I did have.

I didn't believe that he was having a meeting. There was something more they weren't telling me. My main theory was that he was throwing a party. In that case I would love to join, get a little drunk to loosen up a bit would be nice.

+++

Finally someone arrived with my dinner. Ezra it was actually.

"Hey, sorry for earlier." He said and set a tray of food down at the end of my bed. "Silas got pretty mad it seemed."

"Yeah I noticed, why is that?" I asked fishing for answers from anyone and anything.

"Oh it's just about tonight's event, a lot could go wrong, you know." He said as if I knew what he was talking about.

I played along and nodded not wanting to blow this chance at getting information. I felt kinda like a spy or something, life gets pretty boring when you're locked up in a room all day.

"You're going, right?" He asked looking around the room. What was he looking for?

"Yeah of course." I lied. His eyes was still wandering around the room so I tried looking too.

"Where's your dress?" He asked looking back to me. Oh—ok.

"Ehm, could you help me pick?" I asked walking over to my closet looking for any of my dresses. Just anything—

The first I found was the one I wore when I arrived here, I hated it but it was what I could find. I threw clothes out of the way as I was digging for another dress.

Thankfully I found one, a dress in deep red. I barely had time to look at it properly before throwing it on the bed for Ezra to choose.

Almost immediately he pointed to the red one. "This, it's great for when the blood gets spilled tonight." He smirked.

Authors note:

Blood gets spilled?
What or who's blood might that be?

Quote: Weak people revenge.   Strong people forgive.   Intelligent people ignore.