Chapter twenty six

Chapter twenty six.
Katherine's pov:

I fell asleep before he came to bed with me. Honestly it was probably for the best. Wouldn't want to piss his mother off, by doing something we shouldn't. Not like we'd tell her, but mothers always have their way of knowing things.

The next morning I was woken by a horrendous sound ringing in my ears. I reached for my phone on the bedside table and forced my eyes open. My brothers name popped up on the screen.

"What the fuck are you calling so early in the morning for?" I rubbed my temple feeling a growing headache.

"Hey, sorry about that." His voice was serious making me sit up on the bed to wake myself more.

"Yes?" I pushed for him to go on so I could go back to sleep already. It was fucking eight in the morning. Way to early.

"Well—I have to tell you something." His voice was so serious it scared me.

Silas groaned from my side making me shift my attention to him. "Is it my mom calling about the wedding?" He asked running a hand through his dark locks.

Before I got to answer my brother jumped in. "Wait, when's the wedding?" He asked clearly having no clue.

"Tomorrow. You coming?" It didn't seem like he had even the slightest idea about the wedding. Just guessing my father didn't tell him then.

"Yes, of course! Dad hasn't told me anything about it. I don't think mom knows either, so I'll tell her, but we'll definitely come." His voice rose and I could tell his frustration towards our father through the phone.

Don't know why I expected anything else from him. Why I even thought he would consider to come. All he's doing is using me for more power. I'm just a small piece in his sick game.

Pathetic.

"Yeah ok, but what did you want to tell me?" I asked wanting to hang up as soon as possible.

Silence. "Ehm, it wasn't anything important. We can take it another time." He paused suddenly acting weird. "Yeah, we'll take it another time."

I sighed. "Sure, bye." Before he got to answer I hung up. Kinda rude of me, but I really couldn't care less.

"It was my brother." I said laying back down beside Silas.

"Is he coming tomorrow?" He asked not wanting to say the word. Wedding.

"He said so." I kept my eyes open watching him while his were closed.

So peaceful.

I wanted to lean in and kiss him so badly. We hadn't done that in a while. But I know I know. Wait till the wedding so you'll be craving each other so much more.

His lips formed into a smirk making me look up at his eyes noticing they were now open. He'd just caught me staring at his lips. Fuck me.

"You seem to be finding a liking to my lips. Any particular reason why." He asked keeping that stupid smirk in place.

"Am I not allowed to look?" I asked in defense not once breaking the contact of our eyes.

"Look all you want, but be aware there may be consequences that will need to be taken care of." Almost immediately I understood what he was talking about. He was getting turned on just be my looking at him a certain way. I felt a smile tug on my lips at that.

"Wouldn't what that." I joked turning my back to him. As I moved a shock shot through my body. I winced in pain at the stinging in my lower back.

His hand went immediately to my waist. "Does it hurt?" He held himself up over me by one arm while the other running down my body carefully.

A glimpse of worry in his eyes as he looked down at me. "I just need to take my pills." I explained sitting up making him back up as well.

"Wait here." He got off the bed quickly and started jogging out of our bedroom. After a minute or so he returned with a glass of water handing it to me.

I smiled appreciative of his help and took the pill swallowing it with the water. "Thank you." He nodded brows still furrowed. "I'm okay." I reassured him, but I could see he didn't quite believe me.

"I need to work." He said massaging the bridge of his nose. "Stay here and rest." It wasn't a question, more like a demand. But I was never really one to follow his demands.

I got off the bed starting to walk out our bedroom door. Soon he was in front door of me blocking my way. "Did you not hear what I said?" His voice was strict, like a disappointed parent.

I nodded. "I did, but I just chose not to listen."

He clenched his jaw, his knuckles turning white. I was staring at his hand and frustration came upon me. "Listen to me, you have to rest so you'll be in good shape tomorrow."

"What are you gonna do if I don't, hit me?" He unclenched his hands realizing I was staring at them.

When I looked up his brows furrowed. "Katherine." He started. Cocking his head to the side reaching out to touch my arm, but I stepped back dramatically not wanting him to touch me. That may be the first time I'd be saying that. "I would never—"

I cut him off. "Sure seemed like you thought about it!" I hissed stepping further as from him. I was so furious, the thought of killing him might actually have crossed my mind.

"I need you to listen closely." He took a step forward, but stopped once I backed up. "I would never fucking lay a hand on you in that way, ever. There is nothing—not one thing you could do to make me hurt you on purpose. Is that clear?"

I didn't answer his question so he stepped even closer backing me up against the wall. His face was so close to mine I could feel his breath fanning my face. "Is that clear?" He repeated himself, eyes burning into mine with such—anger, well not really anger but something like it.

I couldn't get myself to speak so I nodded. He stepped back waiting for me to walk back into the bedroom. Eventually I did, but he did not enter after me.

*

A while later the bedroom door opened. My back was turned to him on the bed as he entered. I didn't want to talk or to look at him right now.

He set something down at the bedside table, but didn't say a word as he walked into his office closing the door behind him.

I looked up finding a tray of food at the table beside me. Something deep inside me felt the need to thank him, but I didn't.

Authors note:

One more day till the big day!

Get ready for the next chapter, that's when everything changes.

Quote: I think it's difficult to forget things that are unsolved.