Chapter thirty six

Chapter thirty six.
Kathrine's pov:

Things went much like we had planned. Actually I don't think we could have done it any better.

When the plane landed I asked the guy that brought us the car to help me carry Silas. Obviously I didn't tell him it was a person, but after he had helped me carry the bag to the car I payed him to keep quiet. I did so while we were both perfectly visible for whoever my father had surely sense to check on us.

He left us without saying another word and so did me and Silas. I realized the car windows were tinted so I decided to stop the car to sip the bag up for Silas who surprisingly enough had not said one word about getting out of his bag yet.

I reached to the backseat where he was laying in a weird position, and sipped the bag up. "You ok in there?" I asked waiting for him to get out.

He peeked his head out first, looking like he thought we wouldn't be alone. "The windows are tinted. You can come out." I explained sitting back down in my seat.

"Thank god, my neck was really starting to hurt back there." He said while rolling his neck. I started driving again after he had climbed into the seat next to me.

After a while of driving I started to feel it. His eyes burning into the side of my face. Almost as if he was holding a lighter right next to my cheek. My eyes were on the road, but from my side vision I thought I saw his glinting eyes. Those hazel eyes.

"I think we managed this part of the plan wonderfully, don't you think?" I asked suddenly feeling the urge to break our silence. The only sound we'd been hearing for the last thirty minutes was the car navigating me.

"Mhm, sure." He answered with a strange tone to his voice. One that told me he wasn't paying one bit of attention to what I had just asked him.

I looked to my side for a second, locking eyes with him as I did. His lips turned into a small smirk. "What?" I asked confused.

My eyes wandered back to him as I got no immediate answer from him. He licked his lips and said, "You look incredibly sexy driving a car. Why have you never showed me this before?" I shook my head and let out a laugh.

"Oh, I'm deadly serious." My stomach twisted in a weird way it hadn't done in a little while. "Kathrine," My grip on the steering wheel tightened especially when his finger graced the side of my arm.

"Hm?" I managed to get out just that as I did all I could to focus on the road. His hand found it's way down to my thigh now, where he graced two fingers up and down. Every sense I had was turned on, focusing and praying for me not to drive off the rode.

"You either get us home in less then five minutes, or you have to stop the car." I knew we were more than five minutes away from our house.

So I pressed down the gas pedal and passed several cars. His hand was still on my thigh and it was distracting me horribly. I could feel the shivers run through my body as well as the pulsing between my legs.

Cars were honking at us as we passed them, but I did not care. I had to get home and that in less than two minutes now.

My heart was beating rapidly in my chest as if I was scared. Perhaps I was scared. To drive off the rode, or to have him again. These times before with him, I had always had some lies inside of me. Guilt.

I didn't have that now. In this very moment I was totally bare in front of Silas. He had every piece and every problem laid out before him. I had nothing to hide anymore when it came to him.

I have learned to embrace the smile that lingers on my face when I'm with him. I have learned to share my burdens with someone I know I can trust. But most of all I have learned to love. And I am not ashamed of it. Never again.