Chapter twenty five

Chapter twenty five.
Katherine's pov:

I woke up to Silas's side of the bed being empty, however the office door stood slightly open. I got to my feet, not bothered to get dressed as I wandered into his office to check if he was there.

The door pushed open and there he sat, fully dressed already with his nose buried in work. I yawned loudly on purpose so he'd notice me when I walked inside.

"Good morning." He greeted his eyes following each step I took closer to his desk.

"Morning." I looked around the room finding no places to sit, so I jumped onto his desk sitting there looking down at his work.

He looked at me with suspicious eyes probably wondering what I was up to and honestly I had no idea. I was simply bored after all the days I'd been sitting in my bed waiting for the stupid wound to heal.

I lifted up my nightgown to cross my legs and yet again his eyes followed. "Go on, work. Not let me bother you."

His eyebrows lifted in a frown and he licked his bottom lip. "You are distracting me Katherine." My stomach twisted and fluttered, a shiver running straight to my core.

"That was not my intentions at all." I lied. "I'll leave." Jumping down from his desk and about to take my leave, he stopped me.

His hand caught my wrist turning me back to face him. "Lift up your gown for me." I rose one eyebrow and he added, "Alexander asked me to check your wound once in a while." I rounded the corner of his desk and turned my back to him as I reached his chair.

He lifted the fabric for me and carefully loosened the bandages. He hummed putting it back in place again. "It's healing nicely." Even though I knew he was done inspecting my wound, he didn't loosen his hold on my gown.

He dragged his hand further up my back feeling for something. A sound in approval left him as he could not find it. "You're not wearing a bra." He stated the facts.

I turned around making him loose his grip on my dress. "I'm not wearing a bra." I shook my head with a blank expression which I couldn't hold long when he begun half smirking, half smiling.

"Well, I wouldn't want to keep you from your work any longer." I said not casting him a second glance as I walked away.

—————

The front door flew open and in barged Ezra with a unpleasant look on his face. He didn't so much as stop to talk to me as he began walking up the stairs.

I followed and could see Silas storming out of our bedroom with hard and worried eyes, they softened again as he noticed it was just Ezra. "Hello?" Silas said his whole face a question.

"Why does Alexander get to know the password to your house and not me?" Ezra asked stopping a few feet away from Silas and crossing his arms waiting for an answer.

"So this wouldn't happen." Silas rolled his eyes and turned to go back into his office. "Learn to knock, will you?" He added from the other room.

"And why would I do that? I always had access to your old house!" Ezra whined standing his ground.

"It's different now and it's for your own good. You wouldn't like it very much if you walked in at the wrong time." I swallowed hard feeling my face heat up as Ezra turned to me with a disgusted and questioning look on his face.

He begun walking down the stairs following me into the kitchen, deep in thoughts. Just as I was about to say something he cut me off. "Are you banging Silas?" He looked up as if realization just hit him.