Chapter twenty seven

Silas's pov:

Nightfall was upon us. Walking out of my office expecting to find her asleep on our bed like last night, only now it was empty.

I jogged downstairs searching the whole first floor for her, but she was nowhere to be found. The first thought that crossed my mind was that she'd run away because of our fight earlier.

She looked at me the same way she did when we first met. Anger and disgusting. I couldn't stand that look from her. Not now, not then.

I walked upstairs again looking in the bathroom, but she wasn't there either. Just as I was about to give up and call her I heard a sound from another room. The guest room.

I opened the door slowly finding her on the bed with a book in her hand. She looked up with a blank face. "There you are."

I walked inside closing the door behind me. She pulled the covers further up making me even more curious what was underneath.

I sat down on the opposite side of the bed as her making her brow rise. "What are you doing?" She asked looking me up and down as I started unbuttoning my dress shirt.

"Getting ready for bed." I knew she'd gone here to avoid me, but I would allow no such thing.

"We can't sleep together tonight." Her voice was serious making me stop what I was doing. I turned my face to hers giving her a questioning look.

"Your mother said we couldn't see each other before the—tomorrow." She corrected herself. Neither one of us dared say the word out loud. Like it was the scariest word that could be said.

I sighed loudly running a hand through my hair. "She did?" I knew the answer but wanted her to lie so I could sleep next to her pretending I believed her.

"Yes, she did." I sighed again. Guess she's not much of a liar when it comes to my mother.

"And do we care what my mother says?" I questioned meeting her eyes, it took her a second to answer and I grew more and more curious to what was underneath that blanket.

"Yes, we do." I rose walking to her side of the bed and bending down. Lowered my face so close to hers I could feel her breath get heavier.

"Good night." I whispered watching as she shivered almost bending forward to touch her face against mine.

Before she got the chance I stood up straight and walked out of the room.

—————

Katherine's pov:

The next morning I woke to a knocking on my door. "Katherine, are you awake in there?" A woman's voice asked.

"Mhm, come in." I sat up on the bed holding the covers up since I wasn't wearing anything other than a thong. 

Alice opened the door, but not entering the room. "Glad you followed my traditions." She smiled brightly. "We're leaving in a few so I'll be waiting downstairs for you." I nodded and she left the room.

I snuck into me and Silas's room, and just as I was hoping he wasn't there. The office door was closed so he was probably there. I grabbed a top and some jeans and put them on before walking downstairs.