Chapter eleven

Chapter eleven.
Katherine's pov:

I went to bed as soon as the men downstairs took the "party" to somewhere else I couldn't hear them.

I had a nightmare tonight, more like a flashback maybe. One I hadn't had in a while.

Flashback
My father abruptly woke me up early in the morning. In all confusion I was dragged out of my room and brought me to the basement. It was then I knew what was to happen. I was about to be punished, I didn't even know for what.

He gave me a hard punch to the face and kicked me to the ground. Tears had started rolling down my cheeks. "What have I done?" This earned me another punch to the face. A painful one.

"You talk only when I talk to you!" A foot to my side then he stepped back. I couldn't hold back the cries in pain. "Where were you today?" He demanded answers.

"Here! I was home!" I answered hysterically. It wasn't true, but if he found out where I had been the punishment would have been worse. Not only for me, but for the person I was with.

Two more punches. One to my stomach and one to the face. "Your brother told me where you were, so don't even try to lie to me!" My so called father yelled to my face. "You will stay down here until I tell you to leave." He said only leaving a glass of water behind for me.

My brother had lied for me. If my father would've known I was out with a boy the punishment would be way worse.

End of flashback

I finally managed falling asleep again after the nightmare woke me up. It didn't last long before I abruptly jerked awake by a cold hand on my shoulder. Without hesitation I grabbed the knife from under my pillow and took a hold on the hand still on my shoulder, and dragged the person down onto the bed. I quickly got on top of the person I didn't recognize in the dark, and put my knife to its throat.

The person was deadly still to the point where I thought I had actually cut it's throat. "Who are you?!" I asked hysterically with my knife well planned to its neck.

A chuckle escaped the person I now realized to be a man under me. "Guess." I now recognized his voice, but not yet putting the knife away.

Still holding the knife to Silas's throat I reached over to the bedside and turned on the light on my nightstand. In the dim light I saw the smirk playing across his lips. "You aren't gonna kill me yet, are you?" A fucking smirk while a knife was inches away from killing him.

His hair was wet looking as if he had just gotten out of the shower. Still in his usual white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

My eyes was hysterically wide from the lack of understanding and from just have woken up. My hand lowered only a little and without further notice I was flipping over on the bed. The knife in my hand now forced to my own neck by his tight grip on my hand. "You didn't answer my question?" His knee was in between my legs pinning me down and face dangerously close to mine.

"I wasn't going to fucking kill you, now let me go!" I demanded not daring to move due to the knife. His leg moved further up making my expression harden.

"Hmm, not with that attitude, no." His smirk widened into a grin and the urge to slap him grew. I stilled trying to calm myself as he took the knife out of my hand and held it with his own.

His gaze shifted downwards scanning my body. Clothed body thank god.

Silas leaned down closer to my face and I had no choice but to stay still. "Get dressed and meet me outside in five." He said and pulled himself off me, my knife still in hand as he walked through my bedroom door.

I calmed my breathing and the raising anger before getting dressed.

I met him outside and took a seat next to him in a car. He started driving and I turned to my side to look out the car window. The curiosity almost eating me alive, I had to get answers "Where are we going?" I asked not turning to face him.

"Your father wishes to see you." I turned in my seat and faced him fully. He was only focused on driving it seemed.

"And you didn't think to ask me first?" I asked crossing my arms.

"No, I did not. Your father was quite determined on seeing you." First now he turned and met my eyes on an instant. They were lighting up almost looking yellow in this lighting.

I turned around again and stayed this way until we reached my old house. The drive took a little longer then it had to because Silas had to stop somewhere. Why? He wouldn't tell me as usual.

As we walked up to the front door side by side, it opened. My dad and mother stood there waiting for us. The look on my fathers face wasn't very pleasant as he saw Silas coming to. I figured he thought I'd be coming alone.

My mom embraced me the second we stepped inside. "Hello Kat, I've missed you so much." I bet you're the only one. My father probably couldn't wait to get rid of me. "Silas, Hello. It's a pleasure to meet you properly." She said reaching out her hand offering him a smile.

The smile he didn't return, but surprisingly he gave her his hand. My mother held it and lead him inside the house. It made me laugh a little how she just grabbed him.

My smile disappeared when my father grabbed my wrist. His grip was tight and I sometimes wondered if he did this just to hurt me or if he really thought I wasn't capable of walking fine on my own.

He lead me into his study and locked the door behind him. I rubbed the red spot on my wrist as he mentioned for me to sit down. So I did.

"Katherine. You must listen closely to what I'm about to say." He took a seat across from me. The seriousness on his face scared me, and the fact that he closed the door.

"There was a reason why you were set to marry Silas Crimson. Other then just alliance." He added.

Authors note:

Ending the chapter on a cliffhanger;)

What do you think was the other reason?

Quote: The worst nightmares are experienced with eyes wide awake.