Chapter seventeen

Chapter seventeen.
Katherine's pov:

I woke up the next day finding yet another note had been slipped under my door. I opened and read it.

Stop acting so childish.
Meet me in the library at midnight.
- S.C

I felt like rolling my eyes at his note. He meant I was the one who was acting childish, when he was the one who wouldn't even let me into his room. Fucking men.

Would I even go meet him? I was pretty pissed at him, but still I wanted to know what he had to say.

Breakfast had been brought up to me and I found myself walking around in my room, checking the time every half an hour waiting for midnight to come. I might go crazy if I continue like that.

Walking downstairs to keep myself occupied till then, I ran into Alexander. His hair was messy looking as if he'd just woken up. "Tired?" I asked sitting down next to him on the couch.

He yawned running a hand through his hair. "Very, I was out last night." He said drinking from a cup of what seemed to be coffee.

"Me too, but not like that. I was just taking a walk." I explained.

He nodded massaging his own neck. "Did Silas tell you about tomorrow?" I narrowed my eyebrows wondering what he was talking about and shook my head.

"He'll have a few days off so we're going to visit his grandmother. You don't have to come of course, but we thought it'd be nice for all of us to get out of here for a few days." He said and I wondered if that's what Silas wanted to talk to me about.

"Hmm, yeah I'll come. Is it far away?" I asked wondering if we had to leave early.

"No only a few hours with car." I wondered what his grandmother was like. If she was like his mother, then I think I'd like her.

I looked over at Alexander noticing his cup was empty. "Wanna go to Starbucks or something?" I for sure wanted to, that would make the time go.

"Yes please." He said and drove us there.

We sat in his car drinking coffee, mine iced and his hot. It was relaxing to have Alexander as my company. He had such a relaxed soul, it sort of rubbed off on me.

"Soo, what happened with you and Ezra?" He asked breaking the comfortable silence.

I sighed loudly annoyed by the fact he too thought there was something going on. "Nothing happened, we got drunk and slept in the same bed. Slept nothing else." I explained.

"Silas seemed upset, why's that?" He asked and I could see by his expression he knew something was up. Wether he wanted to say it or not, I knew he had his suspicions.

"Don't ask me, probably wants Ezra to himself." I joked rolling my eyes and he chuckled quietly.

"Hm, yeah sure." He said looking away with a suspicious smile on his face, as if he knew something I didn't. But I let it go, not wanting to have this conversation anymore.

—————

We arrived back at the house a little while later and it was about dinner time. This time I'd decided to eat with the others. Only Silas wasn't there. Neither was his father, which I was happy with.

"Alice, are you also coming with us tomorrow?" I asked his mother.

She shook her head. "No I have something to do here, so I'll just be the four of you." She said smiling.

—————

After dinner I sat in my room waiting—and waiting. Ugh I might loose my mind. What was it that he wanted to talk to me about. Or maybe he didn't want to talk at all, he never said so. What could he want then?