Chapter nineteen

Chapter nineteen.
Katherine's pov:

As quietly as I could I tiptoed out of the house. The back door made a little more noise then I intended it to, but whatever. It was late so everyone was surely asleep.

As I started walking on the path through the forest I realized how stupid I'd been not to bring any light with me. I could barely make out where I was walking.

Even in the dark the forest looked so peaceful, not at all scare. Far from it actually.

Just now I started to realize how stupid this could be, maybe he'll murder me out there. I was foolish not to bring a knife for myself. Too late to turn back now.

I tried to recognize when to walk off the path, but then I saw a light flickering in between the trees. So I started walking off the path and by that light Silas was waiting for me. Sitting atop a large towel with a lantern beside him.

His head turned in my direction as I stepped onto the dock. "I was starting to worry you'd get lost." He said as I sat down beside him on the towel.

"Aww, Mr Crimson were worried for me?" I asked mockingly.

"You shouldn't be calling me that." He said giving me a stern look.

"And why's that?" His eyes were glinting in the light of the lantern, glowing with bright yellow.

"You might just turn me on." My eyes widened and I couldn't fight back a smile, so I turned my head down to hide it.

"Don't hide that beautiful smile of yours from me." He demanded, lifting my chin with one hand.

"Why? You do the same to me." I said defensive. And it was true, why should I let him see my smile when I'm not allowed to see his? He sighed letting go of the matter.

He was wearing a shortsleeved button down and started unbuttoning it. "Want to go for a swim?" He asked now taking it fully off.

"We've already went for a swim today." I wanted to go swimming with him, but there was no harm in arguing a little first.

"Another wouldn't harm now, would it?" He raised his eyebrows at me waiting for an agreement.

"I suppose not." I took off my sweater and shorts as well, revealing the same black bikini as earlier.

His eyes examined my body sending goosebumps down my back. I took the opportunity and did the same to him, forcing myself to keep from reaching to touch him.

He lowered himself into the water and I put my feet in first feeling the temperature. Swimming up to me he stopped right in front of the dock, his head almost in between my legs, so I shut them purposely.

He reached out his hand and I took it lowering myself into the water too. My breath hitched as the cold hit me.

I started off by swimming a little further away from him, holding a good distance between us. "Running away from me?" He asked as if reading me like an open book.

"Not at all, simply enjoying the water. It is rather enjoyable, don't you think?" I asked stopping to face him.

He was coming closer to me, slowly, but closer. "Mhm, you know what else I'd enjoy?" Always with these dirty comments making my heart jump.

I leaned my head back into the water and then pushed the hair away from my face. When I looked back up again Silas stood right in front of me. I should have wanted to move, keeping him at a distance, but I didn't.

"You didn't answer my question earlier." He didn't need to specify what question that was, because I knew straight away. "How badly do you want me right now?" That's what he'd asked.