Chapter eighteen

Chapter eighteen.
Katherine's pov:

"Are you packed and ready to go?" Ezra asked as I was dragging my bag down the stairs.

"Yes, where are the others?" This I asked wondering if last nights events might have changed Silas's mind, when I knew just how easily it could've.

"They're in the car waiting." A sort of relieve brushed over me, and finally I could let my shoulders sink.

In the car we were seated just as the last time. Me and Ezra in the back, Alexander driving and Silas in the passenger seat. Not working this time.

It was awkward having him sit in front of me, knowing what I did last night. I just walked away, without any warning I had suddenly changed my mind. Or not exactly, for him it might have seemed that way, but that was in fact not the case. I walked away because I could not stand his kisses. The way he pressed his lips so softly against mine in a way making me feel all sorts of things.

"Are we there yet?" Ezra complained a few hours into driving breaking the silence. There had been little to no talking so far.

"Soon." Silas answered shortly, his voice sounded a little irritated.

"Soon" was not in fact "soon". More then an hour went by where we all sat waiting to set our feet on the ground again and get as far away from this awkward situation as possible.

Alexander started driving down a long rode surrounded by trees on either sides. Tall trees, where only the trunks were visible from where we were sitting.

After a good while of driving on the same path the car stopped outside a small and cute country house.

An elderly woman came outside as she heard our car doors shut and we began walking towards the entrance. A bunch of flowers covered the sides of the house, a wooden bench standing lonely under a huge tree.

For the first time I watched Silas hug someone, the woman pulled him into her embrace and he let her. I almost felt like smiling at the uncommon view, I think I did.

"Finally you've decided to visit your old grandmother, huh?" She said pulling back holding him still taking a good look at him.

Then she turned towards us, me, Ezra and Alexander. Her eyes landed on me first and with raised eyebrows she walked over to me. Her lips in a bright smile. "She is even more beautiful then Alice described her." She said winking back at Silas.

I saw him standing in the doorway smiling as well. A genuine smile.

I tried to look approachable as she tuned back to me, keeping a small smile on my face. "Tell me, what's your name?" She said offering me her hand.

"I'm Katherine." I said shaking her hand. She pulled me into her putting an arm around my shoulder walking me into the house. At first I stiffened at the sudden feel of touch, but as we walked I loosened up a bit more. She seemed nice.

"Josie." She introduced herself, brushing her long gray hair out of her face. "Come, I'll show you to your rooms." She waived at the others and they followed taking our bags with them.

Her house wasn't big on the inside either, not at all what I'd imagined it to look like. It was so cozy, it almost felt as if I was living a normal life just by being here.

First she brought us to a bedroom downstairs. It had two single beds and a porch leading to the back of the house. "This will be the two gentlemen's room." She said mentioning to Ezra and Alexander.

Me and Silas followed her upstairs, her arm still around me. "I did not know if you wanted separate rooms or not, so you can choose that for yourselves. Either way, you'll have to share a bathroom."