Checking the Competition

A few days after the closing of the school, we were allowed to go back. 

Mom didn't really want me to go back to school, but I personally wanted to. Not because of curriculum, I could learn heroism from the heroes here. 

But it's more about my personal feelings. If I stay here, I won't make a name for myself. I wouldn't be considered a hero. I wouldn't make every single one of these heroes in my home proud. I want to be able to stand next to them proudly.

My Father, Lancelot. He's part of the legendary Knights of the Round Table. My mother, Minamoto no Raikou, a legendary slayer of oni and leader of the Seiwa Genji family. My sister, Galahad's vessel, again another legendary knight. My 'Uncle', the great King of Uruk and known as the King of Heroes....

And what am I?

With these thoughts in mind, I tell Mom that I want to go to school. Be a hero like they all were.

And now, I'm right in front of my classroom again. I open the door and see everyone again. My friends Kaminari and Ashido, Momo, Tsu, and my new friends Jiro and Todoroki.

"Hey guys! Did you see the news last night?" Our invisible classmate Hagakure said.

I sit down and open my book, this time I have something I've read before. It was the story of the Knights of the Round Table. It's my go to when I don't have anything new to read.

"Yeah, I did." Ojiro said.

"Did you see how everyone in class was on-screen for a second?" She continued. "I didn't stand out at all...."

"That's true." Shoji said.

"It's had to stand out looking like that, huh?" Ojiro said.

"But man, all the channels made a big deal out of it." Kaminari said 

"I was surprised." Kirishima said.

"Can you blame them?" Jiro joined their conversation. "The hero course that keeps pumping out pro heroes was attacked."

"I can't believe how everyone could talk about the same thing. Junior high wasn't like this..." I said internally.

"Can you blame them, Master? It was a big event." A man said, it was another Knight of the Round table, Bedivere.

"I mean, that IS true. But wouldn't it be for the best if we leave that in the past?"

"It would, but this is their first time encountering such things. Compared to you, at least." 

"Who knows what would've happened if the teachers hadn't come when they did." Sero said.

"Yeah... And Y/N too. That thing that he did. It helped us out A LOT." Ashido said.

"Stop that, Sero!' Mineta said. "Just thinking about it is making me wet mysel--"

"Shut up! Be quiet, scum!" Bakugo shouted.

"Aaaand time to put my earbuds on." I said as I took them out from my bag.