Chapter 21

Lucifer Laurens
"What?!" I screeched. The security guard flinched before deciding it's best we take the conversation outside while he watches. So Jace asked if anyone needed help before he left. Max did. He was glaring at me as he asked for help. I turned to Will. He looked surprised. We go outside into the hallway as the security guard puts the box on top of a shelf.

"He's leaving, why? Did I do something wrong? Is he fed up?" I began the never-ending questions rant. Will put an arm around my shoulders.

"Or he's been given an opportunity to show off some of his skill. Y'know the skills he taught you? He could be started something new and was waiting to tell you. Lucifer let's think for a second. He loves teaching but he also loves his art and writing," Will said.

"But-" I started but he quickly shuts me down.

"You wanted to play that stupid game. Ask me anything," Will said sitting on the chair outside. It was chained to the wall. He grabbed my waist and I sat on his knee.

"Who's Mother Harry?" I decided to choose this opportunity to get to know him better rather than worrying about the unknown. Although it plagues me to know what I did to make him move.

"She was my father's caretaker. He struggled with social interaction. He didn't see the need for it but he wanted us with him so he offered to pay extra if she helped him be a better parent," Will said. He had a hand on my lower back. Tapping the vertebrates.

"Don't you have to ask me questions too?"

"You can ask me as many as you want before I ask you one," Will said. I nod. I struggled to braid his loosely curled hair.

"Okay. Why go by Will? I know Will isn't your real name," I said. He moved my legs over his other leg so I could sit better.

"My name is Wilbur, Will was for easiest when I needed to forget who I was. Where I came from. I didn't change it legally because I couldn't... I couldn't lose the memories of being Wilbur with Michael or Harry," Will said.

"Can I call you Wilbur?"

"No. Not yet," Will said. I nod. My hands weren't so sweaty. I finished the braid that went like a headband.

"Your mother... Is she the reason you won't let me meet your family? Or Michael?" I asked. He tensed before leaning in my hug as I run my fingers through the rest of his hair.

"She's quite the character and I don't think you're ready. She doesn't understand what's appropriate, how to care or talk to someone outside of herself," Will said.

"Like you were?" I teased.

"Like I was-" Will chuckled, he buried his nose in my shoulder-" I can't see Michael. I was terrible to him and we only had each other. I just can't face him yet, "Will grumbled.

"Don't you face him every Christmas?"

"You think I go for the holidays?" I hear the shock in his voice.

"Yes...?" I dragged out unsure now.

"Lucifer you idiot I literally bring you breakfast that day cause I was sure as hell wasn't cooking! I do it every year, the only difference is I go visit the police department after. It takes a long time and it's training all over again but it only lasts a few days," Will said. He started to laugh and I laughed with him. I get off of Will and grabbed the crutch. Will stopped laughing and smiled.

"What?" I asked stretching very carefully.

"I just want to ask maybe two questions," Will said.

"Go for it. It doesn't seem for since I asked more though," I said. Will shrugged.