Chapter 35

Lucifer Laurens
I sat on the chair, it was so empty at the table with only Michael sitting across from me. With my hands in my lap, I felt fifteen again, as if I was at the principal's office. I cleared my throat as Michael looked through countless different folders. 

"Sorry Lucifer, there are just a few details I must brush up on before we get started. Now you wanted to see who?" Michael said.

"My mother. Denise Charos Halperin," I said. He glanced at me. 

"Right," he mumbled. He didn't believe me? Who else would it be? I was a foster kid, but she was my mom. I know she's my mother, she wanted me. She loved me. "Is there anything specific you wanted to ask her?" Michael asked as he closed the last folder. He kept it out of the pile.

"Yeah...uh why didn't she leave with me? How come she made us stay for so long and she left only," I whispered. Michael writes my questions on a notepad. 

"We can leave tonight. Take what you need, and tell the others. I prefer if we don't have everyone," Michael tells me. I nod excitedly. My stomach feels uneasy but I couldn't wait to see her. Just to meet her all over again. There's a slam of a door. We turned and Ares is there. He's pissed off, followed behind him was Mr Wolfe. The two were covered in mud, soaked and Wolfe was shivering. I glanced at Michael. He looks confused yet concerned. "Do I want to know what happened?"

"Your stupid son attacked me!" Mr Wolfe howled in pain when Ares elbowed him in the stomach.

"Your goldfish can't mind his fucking business," Ares snapped. 

"Ares go wash up. I'll speak with you once you're done," Michael said. Ares raised a brow and crossed his arms.

"And why the hell would I ever listen to you?" Ares growled. It turns quiet, a silence thick and eerie. I watched as Michael stood up, and walked over using crutches. He's a foot away when he raised a brow and gives Ares a stare. If looks could kill. Ares loses his composure for a second before he sighed and mumbled a half-ass apology. He glanced at me once before going upstairs. To the agent, he grabbed the other's ear and forced him into a chair.

"Ow ow ow ow! Afton let go!" Mr Wolfe cried. He sat down and only then did Michael let go.

" How dare you hurt him, secondly why on Earth did you believe fighting with an immature teen was a great idea? Huh? Do tell Carter why you thought fighting against Wilbur was smart," Michael said. He pinched the bridge of his nose. He uses crutches too, he grabbed a bowl and fills it with water and a pinch of salt. He grabbed two clean white rags before walking back over and sitting down. 

"You shouldn't be walking around," Mr Wolfe said. Michael gave a deathly stare. Mr Wolfe instantly shuts up. Michael turned to me and smiled. It's terrifying, he has a completely changed demeanour when he talked to me.

"Lucifer, why don't you go upstairs to wash up? I'm sure you must be hungry. I'll start on breakfast after cleaning this frumos idiot. Those friends of yours are still asleep but I had Wolfe move them upstairs," Michael said.

"Oh okay. Thank Mr uh-"

"Michael is fine. Apollo if you prefer. Just remember. Tonight we leave. I'd say about nine to be there around midnight," Michael said with a small smile. I smiled back and nod. As I take my own pair of crutches, I glanced at the two before going upstairs. Michael is mumbling under his breath as he cleans Wolfe's face with the wet rag. It reminds me of Will. When we were younger he had a habit of getting hurt and forgetting to dress the injuries himself.

Apollo 
Being someone is hard, I can't decide whether or not I'm upset with the two or not yet. The file stayed on the table away from the bowl of water. I couldn't have it get wet. I switched rags once I got most of the mud off his face. I noticed he was still shivering. I sighed.

"Take off your shirt. You're shivering too much. hurry up. I'll get the fire going," I said.

"Bossy much?" I heard. I ignored him. I get up and carefully make my way to the fireplace and start the fire. It's fine. I made my way back and sat down. My leg was burning, I'm in agony. I moved my chair a bit. He's got his shirt off and I see the areas he was hit since they were red. His black cargo pants were a tad bit drier. I focused on dabbing away the blood. He winced as I cleaned the cut on his eyebrow, then his cheek and lastly his lip. I rinse the rag in the bowl. I noticed him staring as I went back to cleaning his bottom lip. He must've bit or Ares punched him in the mouth. 

"What?" I said as I grabbed his chin and tried not to irritate the area. I put down the rag.

"Nothing," Wolfe mumbled.

"Spit it out. I got the grab the first aid. I can't remember where I put it," I said. He hums in response. I stood up and my good leg buckled. I sat down and held onto the table. My vision goes white from the shocking amount of pain. My leg. I need to check it. I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples. The pain was so strong I got a headache.

"Are you okay? Look I can get it, just let me know where," Wolfe said. I leaned back in my chair.

"I'm fine. It's okay," I said. I decided to look at Wolfe. He's standing up holding my shoulders. His lip was busted, in the light of the fireplace, and he's got a black eye that's beginning to swell quickly. I looked at the fireplace. "I wasn't really a good parent," I admit.

"You weren't supposed to be. You're his brother. Just ignore the stupid shit I say," Wolfe said. I laughed a bit. Wolfe gives me a smile. "I'll help you to the couch. Come on. We'll do this soldier style," Wolde whispered. I stood up with this help as he lifted me onto his shoulder. He helped me onto the couch with my legged propped onto a pillow. He goes to grab a bag to fill it with snow before changing his clothes and coming to sit with me on the couch. He found the first aid kit and moved the pillow my leg was on his lap. I see the new shirt is on the arm of the couch. He sits close enough that I can put a few different bandaids on him. He slipped his new shirt on. It's quiet.

"I need to make breakfast for Ares and Lucifer," I sighed. 

"I got it. I'll start when they get downstairs," Wolfe shrugged. He huffed in pain as he circles his shoulder in pain.

"What did he do?" I asked.

"He beat my ass. I mean those noodle arms are pretty powerful. I mean I was cutting some firewood and then we started talking. I don't know what went wrong. In a second he snapped at me. He's really mean sometimes," Wolfe said. He sounded like a child.

"What did you guys talk about?" I asked. Wolfe shifted a bit.

"Just um, some small talk," he mumbled. I smiled. I noticed the small clumps of dirt in his hair so I started to run my fingers through his hair. Whatever I could reach with no difficulty. He looked at me surprised before going back to looking at the window. "I asked if you were married or had somebody already," Wolfe said.

"So he got upset?" I asked. Genuinely confused since my romantic life has never been shared with or concerned with anyone. He coughed.

"Yeah," he whispered. I stop messing with his hair and rubbed his shoulder. I chuckled.

"I don't have anyone. I'm not very good at the romantics. I tried here and there but I think I've gotten to... dirty? Or uh used per se. I was married but for a short time. It wasn't a legal marriage but it was nice for a while," I said.

"Really? May I ask what happened?" Wolfe asked leaning slightly into my hand.

"My line of work. It got slightly messy and something came back to bite me. It's okay. They're safe now but I've learned my lesson. Plus they didn't see it as a marriage worth saving," I said.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think that was very fair," Wolfe said.

"Suppose not... Are you coming with me? I'm taking Lucifer to see Charos. Not sure how it'll end though," I admit. Wolfe nods.

"Of course. Someone has to make sure you don't escape," Wolfe smiled. I rolled my eyes. Sure, escape. I felt myself smile back. I can't help but enjoy the peace. I closed my eyes and decided to rest for a second. I mean Wolfe insisted on making breakfast anyway. In a way, it's like he's got my back. A favour for a favour is how my world runs.