Chapter 36

Lucifer Laurens
Breakfast was uneventful. The whole day was. The whole day I spent trying to convince Ares to come with me. I begged, I cried, hell I even offered to suck him off! But nothing, he refused to come along. He stayed with Mikasa the whole time. Mikasa and Mclenna who in turn was followed by Jaime and then Greg. I spent my time packing and getting ready. I waited. I convinced the other to come with me throughout the day. They agreed to come with me. I saw it was only fair I brought them along for the end. It shouldn't end in vain! So by the end of the night, I was bursting with excitement. Everyone else was in the car, Diana (apparently a friend of Michael and Wolfe) offered to watch Uriel for the night while we left. I stood at the doorway, Wolfe putting our things in the trunk while Michael sat in the passenger seat next to the driver. Ares walked downstairs. He looked rather... hurt. I don't understand why. I'm upset he doesn't want to finally get answers. I walked over to him.

"You sure you don't want to come along?" I asked.

"No... Not this time angel," Ares said. 

"I really wanted you with me," I said forcing my voice to be as steady as possible.

"I'm sorry. But I can't. I just don't understand why you are so desperate to want someone who doesn't care for you," Ares said. My lip begins to quiver. I hung my head. I felt his hands on my hips. 

"Hey," He forced me to look at him when he cradled my cheek. I closed my eyes as he did the same. He nuzzled his nose against mine. "I'll think about it. Michael gave me the address. Okay?"

"Okay," I sighed. I left outside to meet with everybody else outside. I got into the car, we were definitely squished together. Jaime and I sat next to each other. Jaime offered me an awkward smile of support. I looked out the window to see Ares outside, arms crossed as he leaned against the doorframe. We left and he remained there. I'm sure he went inside once we were out of view.

We got to this really big building. It was so bright, the city was filled with neon lights. Wolfe parked a bit far from the actual place. 

"Seriously Wolfe? Could you park any farther away?" Michael huffed.

"I know but just in case this goes south I don't want us to fucking explode the moment we start the car," Wolfe explained. We get out of the car. We start to walk, the other definitely faster. Micheal and I stayed behind the group.

"I'm never letting him drive again," Michael complained. I nod in agreement. "Whatever happens Lucifer, know she wasn't the only one in your life who made a difference. There are others too okay? Don't let this be too big of an effect on you," Michael said. 

"Uh okay. I won't?" I said. We stayed quiet. This walk was way too long. At one point we stopped. It was only about 3 kilometres away, but Michael stopped. I looked at him. The bandages looked excessively stained. It couldn't be good. The others noticed we stop.

"Yo, you guys good?" Toni asked. Sam walked over and steadies me since my leg started to buckle.

"Damn that doesn't look too good," Jaime said. Greg agreed. 

"Why don't you help him out?" Greg nudged Wolfe. Wolfe looked at Michael. Michael is already pale, struggling to keep steady. McLennan and Mickey were busy staring in awe at the glowing city in the distance. Highsnow got nothing Oaksville.

"Right. Yeah okay," Wolfe said as he goes to give Michael a piggyback ride. I huffed.

"That's not fair," I grumbled. Toni snickered. We walked slowly together. Toni was already out of breath and we didn't want Sam to have any seizures so taking it slow was just gonna have to work. I glanced every so often to see Michael softly snoring as he held on, Wolfe didn't seem to mind, he talked with Mickey and McLennan about his past adventures.