Chapter 29

Lucifer Laurens
I
t was a nice night. It was. WAS! So how the fuck does it turn so sour. So terrible. There was smoke. There was chaos. I heard crying, screaming, and panicking as people broke in. I was knocked out, chloroform, I didn't remember a thing.

I woke up, sore as I lifted myself from the concrete. I looked around the room. It was like a basement. I don't understand. I wanted answers and thinking about it now, I only got more questions. Like who is Killian and why does Jace say he knew my mother? Who's Ares? What does this have to do with the Castrel family and why can't we just kill Armanai Ramirez?

I looked at my leg. At least it wasn't twisted in a weird way like Greg's. Poor baby was dragged into my mess. I chew the inside of my cheek regretting dragging kids into my chaos. Was it selfish I'm glad I'm not alone? I sighed in defeat, I brought my knees to my chest, my hands tied, legs chained to the ground. I tried to steady my breathing.

"Breathe my angel, just one more breath," I heard. My breathing is shallow, I'm trying okay. I buried my face into my knees. They were scraped and bruised due to the manhandling. The others were okay. I see Uriel was being shielded by Mikasa's body.

"Hurry up... please find us," I whispered trying to keep calm until another woke up to join me in the confusion.

Gregory Dean
"He's not coming to rescue us, you idiot!" I heard. I woke up with a ringing in my ears and a massive headache. My face hurt, I think I was bleeding. My eye hurts, and my vision is kinda blurry in my left eye.

"Stop yelling," I grumbled. I looked around before looking at my clothes. "The fuck?" I said.

"Greg!" I looked up. Lucifer looked relieved. He had a soft smile but eyes filled with worry.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Some minor setback," Tony said. Mikasa was knocked out but guarded by Tony and Sam. was next to me, stuck lying down. I snort watching him struggle to sit up. Lucifer was closest to me. He pecked my cheek.

"Scared me to death," Lucifer admits.

"Still didn't answer my question Lucifer," I scold. He sighed and stared at the dark. The room reeked, it was stuffy and I'm pretty sure there was a dead body somewhere nearby us.

"We are being held captive by the Castrel family. The Hell Hounds are in another room but we had a little run-in with the law. Castrel is a family that is very much involved in the government and its situation of the legal and illegal networks," he spat. I leaned against a crate.

"How long have we been here?"

"Too damn-" Jaime was interrupted by gunshots. There's a small explosion from upstairs, yelling. I can hear the panic of the so-called family. Something about Ares coming to kill them all. There was silence after an intense five minutes. Five minutes of waiting for this so-called person. The door opens. Wilbur was there, the sleeves of his pale blue shirt rolled up. His cut above his eyes opened again as it oozed. His nose was broken again, he was holding a wrench that was stained. His shirt was tattered, he was bruised and now he was cutting off the ropes. He told the others to wait. He kissed Lucifer after quick consent. He leaned his head against the two of us. He takes the time to check on them all, before hitting his head against Tony's. I didn't understand but Tony smiled as went to help Sam.

"Sorry, I'm late. Traffic," he joked. I smiled, Lucifer rolled his eyes and grinned. He helped Lucifer up, he tells him to start taking the others down the hall, the coast clear. He untied my ropes before kissing me. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. Needy kisses, and desperate breaths.

"Wilbur, we need to go," I whispered.

"I"m sorry you all got hurt. I tried to get here sooner," He was gonna explain everything but I shut him up with a kiss. He kisses back immediately. We part after a few seconds.

"You're here now, and now we need to get out of here. Explain what's going on after. Okay?" I said. He helped me up carefully. My leg was killing me. Wilbur carried me on his back. He tells me about a safe house, how much they really needed to leave and how much he regretted eating in the car on the way here. I chuckled in pain as a bullet grazed my shoulder.

We escaped the place. It was an old house, we seem to be somewhere East. It wasn't an area Belle took us to too often. Belle. Did she worry? Did she care? Was she calling the police?

"Shit," I heard. Will had a car nearby. We piled in as he started to drive. I turned and see someone with blond hair. He's got a few injuries, a cane, and a fedora. Most of his skin was covered by some fabric. He turned and tilted his hat to me. He seemed familiar. I see the rifle in his hand as he covered us... no there wasn't an us. He was doing it for someone specifically.

"Who was that?" I asked. I kept looking in the mirror. I see a few cars chasing us. Will doesn't panic. I see the look. He had a wild stare as he drives onto the main traffic. He's enjoying this. He doesn't hear a word.

"Can uh, we go to my uncle Toni's?" Tony asked. Seconds after asking he threw up on his own lap. I gagged. Sam and Mikasa yelped in disgust. Lucifer looks exhausted. He glanced at me with a soft smile. He shrugged. McLennan was whining about the mess. Will was in his head. In minutes we lose the cars in the chase. We were driving somewhere to the coast. Will's manic stare fades to a boring neutral stare. I wonder how long it's been since he's been in that state.

"How bad is it?" Will said.

"Will if you don't take us to Toni's I will fucking kill you," Sam said. I silently agreed. The stench was only getting worse. Will sighed and rolled down the windows before mumbling it's gonna be a while before we get there.

Who was that? I wasn't sure if I said it out loud or not but the way he flipped us off as we left was meant for someone. Who?

"Michael. His name is Michael," Will said. He stared at the road ahead. "He's my brother," Will sighed. The ride is quiet.