Chapter: 6

Jaime Dean
I looked at Greg confused. Laurens limped downstairs and everyone was so quiet. I feel like I visibly said the wrong thing. Mr Verano fell off the couch and rolled onto the carpet. He closed his eyes. Snoring in seconds once again.

"I feel like I'm missing something?" I mumbled going to sit with the younger kid. He looks like around my year.

"Hey, you look familiar," I said to him. He looked up from his plate of sweets and chicken. I mean he got all the different nutrients, milk, protein, wheat, veggie, and fruit... Even if it's hella processed. We talked about classes and upcoming projects. I learned he's in three of my classes and we are the same year, he just looks younger. I was gonna continue talking but the phone rang. I go answer and see Greg talking to his friend six feet apart. Greg caught me looking at him and flipped me off. Gay weirdo much?

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hi! I'm looking for someone name Lucifer Laurens. Is he there?" The kind woman asked. I pursed my lips.

"Oh give me a second," I said and cover one end.

"Greg's boyfriend 'mere," I said. Greg glared.

"Excuse me, you trash panda?" The curly raven hair stuck up for himself. He grabbed the phone and kick my shin. I kicked him back and go sit. He hissed in pain as I did before answering like nothing was wrong.

"Where were we?" I asked. He sipped his cherry soda and wiped his hands after.

"Uh planning to riot I believe?" He said. I chuckled and nodded. I'm only here to call Greg but if it pissed off Mom, I am gonna stay in the southwest for a bit. Considering we live up North, you don't usually mix sides.

"How do you know Lucifer?" I asked. He paled and gave a nervous laugh.

"It's a long story," he said.

"I got nothing but time," I lean back folding my arms. The devil has great taste in chocolate I'll give him that. Will continued on the phone.

"Uh sure sure. I'll let him know. Don't worry he's safe. He said he'll stop by the house tomorrow morning. Yeah, it's a long drive from there to our house," Will twisted the phone chord with his finger. "Yes, I'll let him know. Have a good night," Will hung up annoyed, he goes to the fridge and pulled out some whiskey. McLennan had a tissue box as he explained his past. We both stop to sober from the moment.

"Can you even drink?" Greg asked. I turned giving a face to Greg. I point my candied fruit at him.

"You drink all the time. Shut up," I took a bite of the sugar-encased pineapple. Greg glared before going to rub Will's shoulder as he sets up two glasses.

"Are they... You know?" McLennan asked blowing his nose. I shrug.

"I'm pretty sure everyone in this house is. Except me of course," I said. He gave an unamused look. His red hair wasn't curly like Greg's boyfriend's. He didn't look like that one girl in my class either. It was more of a Laurens cut but with green eyes instead of a reddish copper along with shorter hair. I'm pretty sure Laurens had a mullet at this point.

"Oh uh-huh nice save," he laughed getting another tissue and wiping his tears. We looked back when someone groans annoyed.

"Never go to a teenager's house hungover," Verano mumbled going to the bathroom judging by how pale he looked.

"I'll be back," Will said grabbing the glasses of cold whiskey and heading upstairs.

"I wonder what's that about?" McLennan asked.

"Wait I just realized something. What's your first name McLennan?" I asked. McLennan spat out a seed.

"Jonathan," he said. I nod.

"Jaime Dean," I said and we look at Greg bruised and beaten.

"What? Oh, Greg Dean," he mumbled. Lucifer was brought from his room a few hours later. He was using the crutches and sat on the couch. His was shirt removed and Will had medical supplies.

"Since when did you become friends with mafia doctors?" Will asked. We all froze and turn to the two.

"This afternoon," he snorted.

"And you didn't tell me this?" Will scoffed. Laurens stretched out on the couch.

"You weren't talking to me," he sighed. The married couple bickered non-stop about the doctor to the fact Lucifer needs a haircut. Once they finished arguing, Lucifer tried to start a conversation but was failing miserably. I go put on the TV and found some talent show. This region is old-school I admit, but we still try to be up-to-date.

"So? Anyone like Lost In Time?" I asked. Lucifer perked up. He looked at me with stars in his eyes. My smile hasn't left my face, though it has been hard to find a reason to smile anymore.

"I love the Lost in Time books! Have you read them?! I swear Felix is anything but straight. Bisexual maybe but not fully straight at least." Lucifer began to rant on how no one describes anyone in detail like that if you're straight unless you're Sherlock Holmes. Will cleaned Lucifer's injuries but would answer when needed to. McLennan contributed his thoughts while Greg look lost.

"Who would you be?" He asked me, but I almost didn't hear as I looked into his eyes. I felt all eyes on me. I felt my face get warm.

"Huh?" I asked and found Greg smirking. McLennan was snickering and Will finished wrapping an arm for Lucifer.

"Who would you be in?" He repeated the stars in his eyes so bright as he talked about something he enjoyed.

"..... I would either be Felix or Roland," I said softly. It was either since Felix was said to be a jerk but did what he needed to do as an anti-hero while Roland is an officer trying to keep the public safe and Felix in check. Much like my relationship with Greg and Sam. I should call Sam.

"Sweet! Mine would be Felix or maybe Locus." Locus was an undercover cop who has been stuck choosing his work over everything else. Lucifer smiled as he explained the plot of Book 1. I noticed the small smile Will had as Lucifer ranted on.