Chapter 16

Gregory Dean
When we finally arrived at Lucifer's place, it was dark and the weirdest thing was seeing the sun and moon at the same time. I got out of the car and so did everyone else. Lucifer's hands were sl shaky as he tried to unlock the door. Annoyed, I grabbed the keys and Jaime slapped the back of my head. 

"Ow!" I hissed, Mikasa took the keys and unlocked the door, everyone scatters to do their own thing, from last-minute homework to wiping overly large heels. Lucifer was drinking whiskey as Mikasa began cooking. Jaime grabbed my arm and dragged me downstairs. Once he looked at the door he looked at me.

"What is your damn problem? So what I'm sorry okay? Is that what you want to hear? Or maybe you want to hear I was right! They're crazy and you can't help it," Jaime's voice softens at the end.

"They are crazy, Lucifer and Will killed someone. Will killed so many people. Jaime, why can't I find someone normal?"

"I'd say date a woman, but I haven't had luck with that either," he snorts. I smiled a bit. I hugged myself a bit.

"You don't like what they're doing, then tell them. Maybe they'll listen to you. I mean we listen to people our age because most students know what we go through. Just be careful G, even the devil can have a pretty face," Jaime smiled softly. He unlocks the door and left me to my thoughts. I sat down on the messy bed. I don't want to be a therapist, and I don't want to be the person to fix them. I want an equal partnership, preferably with someone sane. I sighed and leaned back. I heard some racket. I looked at the small window and see someone open it and slide in. Before I can scream they fall to the floor and get up quickly.

"Don't be a pussy, it's me," they said. I crawled to the edge of the bed and look at the floor.

"Oh, he-hey hey Will," I stuttered. Will removes most of his clothes, making eye contact with me. My body was burning from embarrassment. "Stop," I whispered.

"Stop?"

"Stop it", I repeated. He stops and grabbed a sweatshirt to cover up. He sat on the edge of the bed. It's obvious he rarely listens to anyone.

"Sorry for making you uncomfortable, I will not do it again," he said quickly. He grabbed some clothes, leaving to go shower in the small bathroom next door. I was stunned. Maybe Jaime is right, I just have to explain, not to mention confess. Then a dirty thought popped into my mind, I squeaked at the dirty mind I had. I heard the door. Coming down the steps, the door opened and Lucifer was in the doorway.

"Is Will back?"

"Showering. He's showering," I said. Lucifer nods. He grabbed clothes and looked at me.

"About earlier. I uh... we can talk," he said going into the bathroom too. In minutes I heard some not-so-pure noises and decided it was best to go upstairs. I ran, tripping on myself. I saw the teens. Mikasa was gathering some food to take home. I heard the sound of a car horn, she kisses everyone on the cheek goodbye, went to Lucifer and Will's room, and said goodbye. Her cheeks flushed red as she ran off. She said we could all have lunch tomorrow or I guess it would be later today. Jaime was snoring on the couch, McLennan was in his given room and I was left with nothing but the two whores. Tony was eating and Sam was across the table doing the same while reading. The radio is in the background. I sat between the two and grabbed a bowl to serve some boeuf bourguignon. I dug into the stew. Mikasa could've cooked at her place the entire time. I finished halfway through my bowl when Will came out of his room. He grabbed a bowl and ladled himself some stew, more veggies than beef.

"No we didn't do that," Will said. I shrugged, but my face burned.

"I didn't say anything," I smiled. Will smiled back.

"But you were thinking it. Lucifer was just dressing my injuries. He had quite the breakdown. I wouldn't worry much about us doing such. Lucifer isn't one to get down every so often. On the other hand. About earlier. I'm sure you're aware of everyone's habits for the most part. Sam is hypersexual, and Tony may be a genius, but he's more on one side than the other with his sanity. Doubt the two will make it past twenty. McLennan is quite outspoken, a made leader but his trauma doesn't allow his true power to show. I'm a homocidal antisocial manic. We make quite the group, don't we?" Will laughed. I chuckled, realizing yeah they were all over the place, what's the point?

"I noticed," I said.

"We cope. I impulsively act. Lucifer only lets me go so far on such a leash. See everyone has a leash, the only thing is Lucifer is the man with the control. But once he lets the leashes wrap around him, or cause burns. Who helps hold the ropes until the burns cool or helps untie him?" Will said. He taps the table twice with his nail and the other two go to the couch to listen to the radio or maybe some records. I can tell the order, there was an unspoken rule. Lucifer may be the head of the operation, but every head needs a neck to change directions. The others are limbs, sure one after another they are helpful but even if one leaves, they adapt and overcome. They find any way to benefit from the amputation.

"I see," I mumbled. I watched as Will twirled the spoon between his finger.

"Life is rather confusing, I assume your mother is Christian, and who am I to play a god? Who am I to reap the souls of the wicked or innocent," Will sighed. I noticed the shirt he was in was Lucifer's, and his hair was washed. From what I've heard throughout my time in school, that man was one to neglect himself.

"What are you saying?" I asked. I pushed the bowl away, a talk with the less sane always made my stomach queasy. Will points the spoon at me. The handle in his hand.

"Where would you fall? What would you do? How do you plan to do it? I won't get in your way, I'll stay away. How do you plan to gain his trust? You can only kick a puppy so many times before it bares its teeth," Will said. I stared at the empty bowl.

"I don't want you to stay away, but I would prefer you two would stop the murder. Mikasa cares a great deal for you two, the others rely on you two for not only company but safety and comfort. I guess to say it correctly... You're both parents," I said. I made eye contact with Will. His raven hair was dripping water still. His eyes were dazed, he was here yet not.

"I-... I suppose so. We can talk. I won't give up my habits completely. I can't,"

"And that's fair. Well, wake me for school or if you two need anything. I do have class, so I best sleep," I said getting up and placing my bowl on the counter. Will hardly eats, and Lucifer finally showed up. He looked exhausted, everything bandaged from the last events. Lucifer sat at the table, Will poured him some soup and I go rest on the unused bean bag.