Chapter 12

Greg Dean
We were on the roof of his car. I shifted in place, he glanced at me and laugh.

"It's fine G, just relax," he said, my face heated up from the embarrassment.

"I am fine!" I snapped. He rolled his eyes and looked at the sky.

"Okay. I'm sure you are. So make a wish and let's go get you something to eat," he said as he stretched his legs. I looked at the starry sky. I closed my eyes.

I wish...

"This is stupid," I opened my eyes and told him. His smile widens.

"Nothing wrong with wishing. Go on," Lucifer ruffled my hair. I swat his hand and close my eyes.

I wish to be happy

"There, happy?!" I snapped. He nodded and got off the car. He nudged his head in the direction of the diner. We head over and inside was Will surrounded by books.

"Well, you can grab some food. Will cooked and we'll be over there," Lucifer points to the table surrounded by books. "I have to send in a project Monday," he said. 

I nodded and watched him go. Will looked at me with a raised brow and once Lucifer walked over there He whispered to him. Lucifer glanced at me and smiled. I smiled unsurely, I go to the area and find food. Will actually cook? I'm amazed, I was gonna go eat in my room but Will calls me over. I go and sit.

"You can stay, just don't spill on the papers," he said coldly. I nodded.

"Will this is fucking chicken scratch, what does this even say?" Lucifer said laughing. Will narrowed his eyes.

"That's gold coming from the left-handed one. Your arm is in a plaster cast!" He teased.

"Touché," he shrugged. They talked about some cases. In moments it didn't seem like I was looking, it seemed as if Will would kiss Lucifer's face or the corner of his mouth. I decided to look up and Will would act like nothing. I raised a brow, confused. Lucifer doesn't comment.

"What are you working on?" I asked. Will stole some of my bread. Lucifer gave him a look.

"Let the kid eat. We are working on a case called Mendel vs the system. Two men wanted to get married and challenge the court talking about a right of marriage so we were told to find all we could defending the couple," he explained and slapped Will's hand as he reached for my plate again. I dipped the bread in my onion soup.

"Illegal marriage?" I said.

"Well technically no marriage should be since in the law it's freedom for marriage," Will said handing a file to Lucifer. I nod understanding.

"How much do you guys need?" I asked eating more.

"As many loopholes as possible, I suppose," Will said. I looked to see the two engaged in finding evidence. I smiled and ate quietly. It's been a while since I felt this comfortable. I finished eating and rested my head on the table as the two were writing and talking. It feels like sweater weather.

I stretched and looked around. I wasn't in the diner or in my room. I heard the radio playing some Christmas song, familiar arguing, and the shower going.

"Where the hell...?" I mumbled and moved the blankets. I got out of bed and look around, boxes sorted with documents and a bag filled with clothes were in the corner. The shower was turned off and the door opens. Will came out of the bathroom dressed and hair wet, next followed Lucifer in a towel. He was brushing his teeth and looked at me in shock.

"Oh I didn't know you were awake," he said trying not to spit out toothpaste.

"I just did. Uh, what happened last night?" I asked.

"Will explain nicely. I'm gonna get dressed," Lucifer said leaving to the bathroom with a set of clothes. Will was struggling to balance while putting on his boots. He wore jeans and a white button-up.

"Lucifer and I were working for a good few hours. You fell asleep so he made me carry you to our room," he said simply.

"O-oh," I covered my face from embarrassment.

"You slept in Lucifer's bed. Lucifer slept in mine with me," he said as he grabbed his keys and wallet.

"Okay," I mumbled. After twenty minutes Will knocked on the door.

"Ready dear?" He said sarcastically.

"Gay," Lucifer said opening the door. "It takes a while to look this cheap," he said as he motioned to his outfit. He wore jeans, a shirt that said suck it, and sneakers.

"Plan?" Will asked while helping Lucifer with his stuff since he was still using a crutch.

"Breakfast, go pick up some stuff at the club Marceline is gonna meet me at, lunch then go over schoolwork, dinner and then sulk," Lucifer said. I opened the door as the two got out. We went to the diner and since they had a buffet area, we got what we wanted. Lucifer was sitting with only coffee. I sat near him to avoid Jaime.

"Still not talking to him?" Lucifer asked drawing on a small map.

"He won't apologize or make an effort so why should I?" I grumbled and ate my toast.

"I mean being the better person but you have a point. Mickey, go call your moms," Lucifer said. Mickey nod and stuck her hand out. Lucifer pursed his lips annoyed but handed over his phone. "Will is heading to the school later to pick up stuff, anyone wants to go?" Lucifer asked. I saw Tony make excessively strong coffee. He perked up at the hearing of a chance to leave.

"Sam, want to go?" He yelled over. Sam was grabbing crepes and nodded yawning. The two look exhausted. I see Jaime talking with McLennan. I sighed. Someone sat next to me. Will.

"Stop offering for me. I don't want to take anyone," he whined.

"I'm going to do nothing and these are kids. I mean two to three years younger but still, they'll be bored," Lucifer explained. He drank his coffee. Mikasa came back running. She wore Lucifer's black shirt which looked like a dress on her and her tennis shoes.

"My mom said she wants to talk to you," she said handing the phone over. Will smirked and Lucifer flipped him off.

"That's what he gets for being like that," Will whispered to me.

"Like what?" I asked eating a strawberry.

"He always takes care of everyone, takes them on trips, and forgets himself," Will said stealing Lucifer's coffee.

"Is there anything wrong with that though?" I asked confused as to why it's even a problem.

"It is when you have a reputation like his," Will said. I nod slowly. Will gave me a funny look. "Didn't you hate him the most and now you're stuck like glue to him?" He asked. I bit my bottom lip. Lucifer was talking on the phone explaining everything as he read some paper from a folder.

"Well. He's not as bad as I thought," I said to him. He looked bored and nodded. Lucifer sighed and stuff his pager in his pocket.

"I hate life-" he groans, pinching the bridge of his nose-" Mickey next time tell your moms. Who else's parents don't know where you are?" Lucifer asked stressed out.

"My parents don't give a fuck," Tony said raising his mug. Sam drank to that. I raised a finger and so did Jaime. McLennan shrugged

"I'm so dead," Lucifer rubbed his face and went back to breakfast. I got to put my pager and texted Bella mostly everything. I catch a glimpse of Lucifer. He was concentrated, Will throwing paper wads at him. I glanced around the room. For once I was calm. My head wasn't wild with thoughts nor was I worried about something. I looked from my plate. Lucifer was looking at me with a small smile

He looked away and explained to Will what he read. That's how time went on.