Chapter 3

Lucifer Laurens
I sat down in the chair, biting my nails. I tapped my feet on the floor, I looked around at the old posters. There was just no way I could keep still. The school bell rang. I saw Mickey with Will. She looked nerdy as ever in her high-knee stockings and her skirt. Her white blouse was flowy. She wore her (my) jacket nearly all day. She ran up to me and swat me behind the head. Damn, she's gonna turn me into a bigger idiot. I noticed Will wore a flower crown that was probably made by Mikasa. I'm not sure how she convinced him to wear it, let alone be seen with it on.

"Why in the nine realms are you here Lucifer?" She scolded me. I shrugged and rolled my eyes. So dramatic. Will handed her a wet rag since I lost the other one. She began to wipe the blood off my face and left the cool rag on my eye.

"What happened to your wrist?" She questioned, I forgot about my scars and quickly turn my wrist, forgetting it was a sprain, and the pain flared up.

"Ow! Nothing so don't worry about it" I grumbled. She asked the secretary for permission to enter the nurse's office in her sweetest voice.

"Did you cut yourself recently?" Will asked as he looked over my body quickly.

"No-" he cut me off-"they seem recent since they are still red, dry blood over them and not to mention since you've been fighting they must've opened." He said with a shrug. I covered my wrist with my sleeve. Mikasa came back with a roll of white bandages.

"Bitch," I glared at him. Why the fuck ask then?

"Now let's fix you up," she smiled. Mikasa seemed too pure for the world. She was gonna get destroyed because she's so kind-hearted. She used to get bullied because of her tooth gap and she had bad acne leaving behind some scars. Since we've hung out, the bullying lessened as I would stop it. More or less it happened violently. She began to wrap my wrist and cleaned the rest of the open cuts. Soon she was done, learning time so she and Will could debate on the nine realms of great Norse mythology. I leaned back in the chair.

"Lucy, I'm telling you, what if each realm was linked all by one and not by some bridge but by something even simpler? Water," Will told me as he reached into his Doctor Who bag and pulled out a water bottle.

"It can't be Lucy! The bridge links for gods to walk on. For anyone that holds great power to walk on! How else would they get there" She said as if it were obvious. I had to be honest, I did enjoy the nerdy talks.

"Alright that's enough, why don't you three head go to the library; Lucifer I want a word with you before you go." The secretary. Ms Lee said as she chuckled at their theories.

They stood up and waited by the door for me. They knew if they argued enough they would get thrown out. Since it's already after school, the club members were gathering around and luckily no one bothered with the library as much anymore. I walked up to her.

"Ma'am?" I trief to be polite, so maybe if I got in trouble, the teachers would back me up.

"I need to know if he's violating or hitting you in any way," she whispered.

".... I need to catch up with the" I avoid the question. I couldn't let anyone know. He would just be bailed out of prison and find me. I would be in a far worse situation then.

"Call this number if you don't feel safe. I'm sending someone over so don't worry. Be careful sweetheart," she handed me a piece of paper. I nodded and folded it. Unlike those detention slips, this was actually important. I quickly caught up with the two and we headed down the halls to the library. On the way we ran into the same guy I yelled upon seeing.

"Don't even start," he looked worse than before. At this point, he couldn't even open his eyes and his bottom lip was busted open. She stared at the guy in horror. Will looked confused. The new guy looked just about done with life in general, I went up to poke his swollen eye.

"You need Jesus," I said giving an awkward smile. The new guy swatted my hand away.

"Whatever Satan!" He growled.

"We're headed to the library care to join us?" He asked. The guy nodded. Soon four end up in the library. The two argued over the realms as the new guy and I read and talked about magic.

"I'm Lucifer by the way," I stuck my hand out. He shook it. Will seemed to have known this guy considering he didn't treat him with a cold shoulder.

"Greg." After such brief introductions, I heard our names called. We looked up from our piles of books taken off the shelves. "Lucifer we need to talk," I looked up to see Ms. Grant, Mr. Verano, and Mr. Michaels. The others were told to go wait outside, and reluctantly they did.

"What is it?" I tilted my head.

"Jace here is gonna go undercover as a friend of Frank's okay? I understand you two have some history. Please trust me, Lucifer look at me," she made me look at her once I tried not to lash out. I didn't want anyone touching me, not her or Frank. I didn't want to go. I looked at Jace who wore his tinted glasses. He wore the clothes he use to wear when he was a part of Frank's group. A simple leather jacket, jeans, and boots from his time while in service for America. I bit my lip.

"You won't let him touch me?" I asked. For a while, I was actually safe and just for him to hurt me again would destroy whatever healing I've done.

"No one will," Ms. Grant said hugging me. Yet I couldn't believe a word.