Chapter 14

Gregory Dean
I shivered in place. I don't know what I got myself into but Jaime was supposed to be the idiot. Jaime was supposed to get himself into shit and I'm supposed to get him out of it. I held my breath as someone touched my shoulders, rubbing them gently. I hummed as the knots were removed from the long nights at the mill. Repairman doesn't get treated any better than the miller.

"I hope he didn't scare you too badly," Lucifer said. I looked behind me quickly. I noticed the change in the air once again. Mikasa seems like the innocent girl, Tony and Sam were a regular couple, and Will was well Will. Lucifer went up to him and peck his cheek. Friends my ass. "Alright Greg I'll show you the ropes and we can get started. I'm sorry if Will scared you," Lucifer said as get pulled up a chair right next to me. My stomach feels as if it has thousands of butterflies. I shrugged

"I'm perfectly fine," I said with confidence. Lucifer giggled and nodded.

"Great! Okay, you lot start getting the car ready. I'm sure Marceline has got a few things to say first," Lucifer waved. They get up and leave, acting like regular teens would. Will was quiet as he left. He spared me a glance and smiled evilly before leaving.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked as my eyes lingered on the door.

"Oh, I wanted to check in on how are you feeling. You seem down earlier but I wasn't feeling so good myself. But I am now, how are you?" Lucifer smiled offering his hand. I took it and smiled, finally something normal and safe.

"I'm doing alright. I mean from feeling greedy to almost peaceful is a big difference. I'm also kind of terrified," I mumbled. He nods. He brushed his hair back after removing his hand from mine.

"Alright well I'm sure Will scared you shitless, you don't have to do anything you aren't comfortable with. I mean anything, the rest of us can do it. Hell Will can do this on his own but he just gets carried away. Let's uh head out," Lucifer said with a smile plastered on his face, the cuts he had, had been slow to heal and bruises barely changed colour. I nodded. We head out, and the weapon in my pocket made my blood run cold.

.

.

.

I sat in the back of the car, Tony, Sam and Mikasa were in one car taking a route behind the building, Will was driving while Lucifer was in the passenger seat reading. McLennan was awfully cute with the way he was talking to my brother. My brother being an asshole flirted but was probably gonna fuck him and leave like usual. I glanced and noticed the rearview mirror. Will looked at me.

"Lucifer may I kiss your cheek?"

"No we can't have people over," Lucifer said bothering to look up from his book and leaning over. Will pecked Lucifer's cheek and smirked at me. I felt the tips of my ears burn. Who says I can't have what I want? I watched as the forest and green hills passed by us. Driving was a nice thing, usually the rich were always driving but the rest of us have to either catch a ride or walk. I watched the scenery change into a cityscape. I glanced at the two in front.

"Lucifer?" I said.

"Yes darlin'," Lucifer said. I blushed heavily and my brother nudged my arm. I choked on my spit before regaining composure.

"Ar-are we-we almost there?" I stuttered. Jaime snickered. McLennan offered me an encouraging thumbs-up.

"Uh, Will?" Lucifer finally looked up from his book.

"Five minutes. Tony should be contacting us soon. You'll stay in the car," Will looked in the rearview mirror and winked at me before turning to Lucifer for a split second.

"I'm no damsel in distress!" Lucifer feigned offence.

"You can come after we take care of most of the danger then," Will sighed. Lucifer smirked and looked back at me.

"Five minutes and we can kick ass," He said. I nodded. Five minutes. Would I have to kill? Has Lucifer killed before? I try to ease my nervousness as I fidgeted with the cylinder of the handgun.

Lucifer Laurens
I looked into the mirror. He was cute while nervous, I hope he can fix the problem between him and his brother. I saw the large building. My time as a prostitute was over but I still feel terrible just seeing the building. The nights I would scrub myself raw because they touched me as Frank watched. Times I cried in the shower until I collapsed. I looked around and saw Will, he grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"It makes him flustered," Will whispered offering a very unusual comfort. I giggled as we both glanced in the mirror to see Greg blushing heavily.

"He's adorable like that. I don't care what you do with Rogers after. I just want my questions answered," I sighed pulling my hand away so I can fix my messy hair. I reached the floor of the car and found a bottle of liquid courage. I opened it quickly and take a swig. Will lowered it from my mouth.

"Try to be sober for the interrogation," Will scoffed parking the car and getting out. I saw Mikasa. Thank god this wasn't a busy street, Mikasa was standing next to an unconscious security guard. She saw Will and raced over to jump on him. The sociopath took another persona and hugged her. The two go inside happily and all I heard was the soft sound of bass.

"Wonderful," I mumbled getting down. "McLennan you can stay with Jaime, Greg you can come with me if you want," I said stretching my legs carefully. Greg nodded and got down from the car. We shut the doors of the car and start to head inside. Should be an easy in and out. Once he was by my side we made our way to an entrance, he hurried and opened the door for me. I smiled and thank him as I walked inside. The lights dimmed red light, purples as music made my heart feel as if it would stop. Greg hurried to my side and we walked inside. No guard. Mikasa was on the stage, pole dancing as older men tried to touch her. The anger boiled inside me as I saw one get too close. I limped to the bar.

"Sugar, it's been a while," the man said barely above a whisper. If I wasn't so close I wouldn't have heard it. I don't respond. I slid a wad of money over to him. Corey took it. "Pleasure doing business with you," the brunet said. He lowered the lights much more and turned the music higher. He signalled the rest of the guards to leave. I lead the way to the elevator. I can hear a faint crunch in the background. I turned, and Tony was there, the one who tried to touch Mikasa now had his hand out of place. I glimpse at Greg, a sick pale complexion. I stepped into the elevator, Will was probably on top. Sam would be seducing, Will 'ridding' problems and we can go interview him. Easy enough. Once Greg stepped in with me, I hit the button for the seventh floor. The doors closed. Hellstorm sent me a message. I checked. They surrounded the building and will be up shortly.

"Everything okay?" Greg squeaked. I raised a brow at him, taking the gun from his hands. I set it and remove the safety.

"Peachy keen," I mumbled. Peachy keen. The stupid elevator doors opened, the music stopped and there are bodies on the floor, some still spasming as they bleed to death. Greg fainted. I mean he gasped and fainted from the sight I guess. I sighed and sent a message to Marceline. I'm sure she can pick him up. I started walking over bodies using my crutches.