Chapter 34

Lucifer Laurens
I woke up to my pillow stuck to my face. I ripped it away and wiped the remaining drool. I looked around the room half asleep. Ares (if that's who he really is) was asleep. Surprising since the man ran on adrenaline and cat naps. I wonder more than half the time if he was human but the brief moments of guilt or split seconds of being a teen always assured me he was. I sat up slowly, moving my limbs away from me so I can stand up. I stretched, careful of all past injuries that have yet to heal. I wobble over to the counter and sat on a bar stool. I rubbed my temples. I didn't even know the time, what about my other projects? I got deep into this situation... What even was this problem? I sighed. My head immediately shot up the moment I heard a glass. Michael was searching through the drawers. He found what he was looking for and froze when he saw me. He was wearing a scarf this time instead of bandages or a mask.

"Sorry?" I said.

"It's alright. Just startled me is all. How are you doing Lucifer?" Michael asked.

"Okay? I don't even know what's going on. How did any of this even happen?" I sighed. Michael gave me a tight smile before grabbing water and a pill. "If I may ask, why did you leave Will?"  Michael choked on the water, coughing as he stared at me in disbelief. Once he was ok, his mouth dropped.

"Excuse me?!"

"You left. Why?"

"They left. Lyola left, and Wilbur left on his own accord. I did everything for them and they chose to live their own lives. I stayed. I always told them where to find me, I always welcomed them. But... but we were always on the move. I'm somewhat of a nomad. It's dangerous to stay anywhere too long. If you were able to ask such a preposterous thing, I figure I may ask as something as well," Michael cleared his throat.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have assumed. I just heard from his side and he was really angry but I shouldn't figured the story was a tad bit different," I said. He shrugged. "What's your question?" I said.

"If there was a chance you could get all your answers, would you take it?" Michael said.

"What?" My mouth goes dry. I tried to lick my lips.

"If there was someone you wanted to meet and finally get all your questions answered- the whole story filled in. Would you take that chance?" Michael said. I bit my lower lip.

"Yes. Maybe. I don't know," I said.

"Think about it," Michael said before going to what I assumed was his room. I decided to get dressed in a coat scarf and my sneakers. I went down to the small dock near Michael's safehouse. There was a lady, maybe about mid to late thirties, who was on the shoreline sitting cross-legged as she read the paper. A small radio played. I walked over to her.

"Hello," I said. 

"I don't speak much French, sorry," her voice is soft. She gave me a smile. I frown. I took a few English classes but I haven't put them to much use. She points to herself. "Diana," she said,

"Lucifer," I gave a pursed smile. I always got mixed reactions to my name. I heard more footsteps. 

"Cut the crap Diana and talk to the kid," I heard. I can see Mr Wolfe in the front yard cutting firewood. I guess the two couldn't sleep but judging by how the two were always in a tense situation I assumed another argument. I wonder how come Ares didn't get the calmness from Michael, or how well Michael can regulate emotion. Diana flipped off Wolfe.

"It's true, I don't speak much French," Diana smiled at me. She pats the sand next to her. She wore a pale yellow dress. It went down to her ankles, she also wore some white boots. The scarf she had went over her head and around her neck much like Michael's except her face was showing.