Chapter 26

Lucifer Laurens
The dance was nice. I mean it is far from a waltz and barely a sway at best. The door is opened, and Jace came in, from what can be seen above the mask he wore was rosy from the cold weather. I glanced at my teacher. He's holding something to his chest, swaddled up. behind him was Killian Dean. I don't know the full details behind it. All I know was he had a hit list and from the rumours, Jace told me was Belle was into ladies, Killian had a target on his back so he supports Belle and the family from far away. Greg was his kid and Jaime was half his kid which was weird. Not sure how either. I let Greg stay against me as Jace walked in. Kili motions he'll go upstairs. I nod as he quietly goes upstairs like a coward. He was like me in many ways, somehow he knew my mother at a young age. I was eighteen while he looked around thirty.

"Look I know you're a kid but you're more stable than I am. I have a target on my back and I can't have kids. You know that Lucky," Jace starts, He wants something. He always does that when he wants something.

"You want me to take care of the kid? Jace, I live with Will. You realize that?" I joked. Jace cracked a smile before glancing at Greg confused. I partially shrug, Jace waved me off before looking at me again.

"I'm not sure how long, please Lucky. I don't want her hurt. She's adorable but Wendy asked me to drop him off and help him move and I just really want to be there for him and then Killian is being a dick and just trying to understand the whole "your mom raised him too" situation. I will help pick up groceries and all that crap just please!" Jace rambled. I chuckled and nod.

"Fine, I will help. But any moment I think she's better off somewhere else I'm giving her to Grant and Fang," I said. I know it's been a while but I know she's infertile. She'd love a baby to care for. Jace is smiling, I can tell from his eyes. I looked at the bundle and he uncovers a baby with the cutest red hair and freckles. Her eyes close, and she had a substantial amount of burns on her skin that had just been treated. I smiled seeing her with a grin as she slept peacefully.

"Thank you, Lucky, I owe you big time," Jace sighed in relief. told him about the clean clothes in a basket. It's good enough for now. He left to dump the clothes on my bed (I assume) before coming back with a basket and pillow covering the bottom. He placed her near us on the floor.

"Why are there people?" Greg mumbled. I can't help but smile.

"A special delivery, don't worry about it. We got plenty of time but I think I heard something by McLennan's window. Why don't you check it out? Oh and let Jaime know he can use the damn door," I laughed. Greg grumbled about how much of an idiot was. But he lets me go and starts heading to the brother who fell. I lay on the couch again. Little one near my injured foot. I grabbed the baby and held her against my chest.

"I know someone who would destroy the world for you," I whispered. The little one gives a small smile but doesn't open her eyes. I heard footsteps and looked to see Jace.

"You know what you can do?" I asked tapping my fingers on the armrest of the pale blue couch.

"What?" Jace asked, he held a bottle of bourbon from the room upstairs, I don't even know how long it's been.

"Tell Mr Wendell about it," I said.

"I meant favour-wise," Jace said.

"You said you owe me, and I want Wendell to stay in Highsnow. Or at least get to talk to him more. So you need to talk to him about it so I can have that," I said. He gave me a pointed look before mumbling.

"Fine," he got up.

"Not on the phone, face to face," I said.

"Oh cause you would that," Jace grumbled.

"I did, I talked to Will about it. He agreed but no labels. Now I'm pretty sure he's okay with his partner. Maybe husband but it throws him in a loop for a few seconds," I snickered. Jace glared before stomping upstairs to drag away Killian. It won't be long until the house would be back to normal. Nearly normal.

"Lucifer, can I go to Mikasa's house?" Lenny asked running downstairs, dressed in black pants and a grey sweatshirt.

"Oh yeah? How are you getting there?" I asked hesitantly. I didn't plan on being alone with a baby.

"Mikasa's mom is here to pick me up. She's taking Mikasa and me there," Lenny said.

"You-"

"Yes all my homework is done, trash thrown just come on. Can I go? I won't be out late. I'll go to school," Lenny whined. Begging to please go. I sigh and nod. As he runs out the door I call to be careful. I glanced at the baby. The house was quiet. Too quiet. I carefully got up with my crutch and decided I had nothing better to do but clean. I promised myself I wouldn't overdo it.

But it quickly got out of hand. I was going the dishes when I felt nails, and fingertips touching my thigh. I ignored it for the sake of the quiet baby. Don't panic. Don't, I feel yucky, I go put Uriel in the room in a safe spot. She would be warm as I decided to shower. I grab some clothes, not all mine but Will never said I couldn't. I made the water warm. Well, it started warm. Then it got numbingly cold. I was washing, cast out of the water. Nicely in a bag tightly wrapped. But then my leg gave on. I sat in the tub, freezing droplets were stinging my shoulders as I curled into a ball. The drain was doing its job but the water never rain clear. It was always murky. Always dirty. My eyes burned as I scrubbed a bit harder. I scrubbed myself raw but now the water ran pink. I winced as carefully got out of the shower. I started drying and dressing both the injury and my body. I looked in the mirror. How pink. I touched my lower lip. The scar that remains from the fight where my piercing one was. I touched the scar on the bridge of my nose. I covered it with a bandaid. It was from the first time I met Will.

I quickly stepped out of the bathroom. I placed the apron on and tied the white ribbon. I took the little one and went upstairs. I never did finish the dishes or cleaning.