Chapter 27

Wilbur
I got home late. Home, it's a peculiar thing. What makes a house a home? Before I could knock, Lucifer opened the door and hugged me. I buried my nose in his neck. He has a bleach scent. It's too strong. The apron is on.

"You're back!" Lucifer hugged me. The crutch at his side.

"I am," I said. I rubbed his hip with my thumb.

"You need to shave," Lucifer smiled. I can feel it, I know he's beaming. I don't remember what I mumbled. It's a terrible thing. In a blink, I'm sitting on the edge of the table, Lucifer's making foam and smearing it on my face carefully. He doesn't mention the black eye forming. He doesn't bring up my wrapped hands. Instead, he grabbed the blade and began the task of removing the stubble I failed to notice. His tongue stuck out slightly.

Lucifer is rambling, I think it's about the kids. He mentioned Verano showed up with a baby. He asked if Lucifer can help.

"Wait what?" I snap out of my thoughts. Lucifer laughed and shook his head. 

"That's what got your attention. She was found in a crate, some warehouse Verano was in. Will you help me?" Lucifer pouted. I glanced at the crib near us. A little girl, sleeping soundly. I want to sleep.

"Do you think I'm leading him on?" I blurted out. Lucifer stepped back, stunned. He wiped the blade covered in foam and hair. He's in thought, a busted lip and bloodstained teeth never looked so cute.

"It's weird seeing you worried. I mean you worry about me and Mickey, you worry about Tony and Sam's sickness but never romantic. You going soft on me?" Lucy teased.

"Why is everyone insisting I'm going soft?" I hissed. I picked at my hands, the wrapping wasn't gonna come off thanks to Michael. Lucifer chuckled and grabbed my hands. "you didn't answer the question," I mumbled.

"I'm kidding, you know you do go from murderer to husband in minutes right? I think it throws people off. I guess you could be more open. He's pretty slow," Lucifer nuzzled his nose with mine.

"Normal people don't understand, I assume," I said. Lucifer sighed and wiped my face of the remaining cream. Clean-shaven, I touched my busted lip. I may have gotten into a fight in the car with Michael. He's fine, he wouldn't kill me. Not intentionally. 

"She needs a name," Lucifer said. I hopped off the table and go look at her. She's a redhead. Short hair, burned skin. Small nose. I can't help but stare. 

Don't you see how tainted she will grow to be?

"Uriel," I said. 

"Uriel?"

"Archangel, a saint for wisdom, confidence, and self-worth," I mumbled and carefully touched her cheek. I fear I'd make her dirty.

"You aren't dirty. Wilbur, what's this about?" Did I say it out loud? What the fuck? Lucifer pecked my cheek.

"I am not clean. I am filthy, I am tainted," I said. Lucifer was very clingy tonight. He hangs onto my arm.

"Who isn't in this world? Come on, I was thinking we make it up to Greg. How about a date? Maybe us three or you two," Lucifer offered. I shook my head, I didn't trust myself. Lucifer made sure I agreed after a quick bj, dirty tactics but I agreed on taking them on a date and apologizing. Though it won't make up for it, I can try.

I wasn't gonna fall for those tactics when it came to adopting. That's how we got Eli. We really don't need something else to take care o-

-For fuck sake! I narrowed my eyes at Lucifer. Uriel was napping on my chest as I read my book. Lucifer was no longer cleaning but doing something for school. Maybe court? I wasn't paying attention. I glanced at the potato on me. Small eyes, green little pebbles.

"You planned this," I said dryly.

"Maybe? It worked though. I can't wait for Greg and the others to meet her. She's so cute! Oh, I love her small face!" Lucifer fell back and was rolling around. It was... It was enjoyable to see, I will admit. "You're smiling," Lucifer perked up, he propped himself up on his elbows.

"Suppose I haven't seen you this excited in a while," I said. Now being much more present I remembered what he said.

"Husband!?" I panicked. Lucifer tilted his head. His camera is on the table. He takes a picture, I glared, trying to vaporize him. Lucifer threw his head back giggling. I shook my head and stared at the words. He crawled over carefully and climbed onto the couch. He rested his head on my shoulder. I leaned my head against his. He shows me a ring pop. I chuckled and take it out of the packaging.

Can you handle the waves?

The door was kicked down, and Uriel cries from the scare. I leaned my head back annoyed. I tried to comfort Uriel but Mikasa stomped inside. Greg, Jaime, McLennan, and Sam are behind her. She points at me.

"Who the hell are you?!"

"A genius?"

"Is that a baby?" Greg asked.

"That a ring?" Sam follows with another question.

"Get out?" I said. I've never been more confused as the questions kept piling on. I was gonna say something when McLennan whispered-

"Who's Aries?" 

Can you handle another wave?

How dare the water begins. How dare it rises through the cracks of the wooden floor, pouring through the walls.

Lucifer nibbled my ear. I looked at the younger teens.

"How about you all sit? You can ask your questions," I said. Uriel sneezed and Mikasa squealed under her breath. She begged to hold her and Lucifer agreed. I on the other hand didn't want to. I held a bit tighter. Lucifer laughed.

"Wilbur, let Uriel go. Mikasa ain't gonna drop her," Lucifer put his leg over my lap. "Better not. We don't want her to turn out like Tony," I said.

"Hey! Tony is not that bad," Sammy laughed. For being dropped, Tony was an okay person. Reluctantly I let her go and Mikasa grabbed her. She held her and was so excited.

"What's her name?" She cooed. Lucifer slipped into my lap, head still on my shoulder.

"Uriel," I said. Lucifer's fingers massaged the back of my head.

"Middle name? Last name? I need details, Lucy! Will come on," Mikasa sat down and rocked the baby.

"I was bribed last night. You guys can figure that out," I grumbled. Hadn't I done enough?

"I offer Conner!" Jaime smirked. Greg punched his brother. Jaime yelped and walked over to Mikasa, also talking in a baby voice to Mikasa.

"Sam is also a good name," Sam laughed. He sat on the floor, his legs shaking. It's the beginning of a seizure. Greg worried went over to Sam as he seized. It's quiet, a daily occurrence for Sam though. Seconds turn to minutes, but he comes around. He lay against the beanbag.

"I say a compromise of Lucifer's pick and Greg's would be best for Uriel. Fair right? I mean you three would be mostly around her," Sam said so wisely. Lucifer nods.

"I don't mind anything. Greg, did you have a pick?"

"Dennis for her middle name?"

"I like it!" Lucifer perked up. Lucifer motioned for Greg to get closer. Greg sat on my side. I tensed up. His head was near my shoulder. His breath was on my ear.

"I expect answers," Greg said before he bit my ear lobe. I cleared my throat and stared at the ground. I thought I could handle it.

I lied.