Chapter 20

Lucifer Laurens
I parked in front of the school. The two were holding my things, along with theirs. I woke up Will.

"Hmm?" He hummed.

"Are you staying in the car?"

"I already graduated? The hell am I here?" Will snapped. The others seem bothered. I guess they can't quite differentiate the cold tones he has. To most he sounds bored, to others he fakes and for me, he's very blunt and honest.

"You said you'd help me bring my stuff to school. The guys are holding my things. Are you getting down or not?" I asked, kindly reminding him. Will made a small hiss before getting down. I remember why he doesn't sleep. The others were on time, early even! Twenty minutes until class started. We go to the office. I was greeted by Jace, Wendel, and the principal.

"Hey!" Mrs. Natalie Fang said. She hugged me careful of my injuries. Jace nods. Wendel said hi, before helping Greg with my stuff.

"It's the work from the last few weeks. All done," I said. I lean on my crutch as we walk inside the Principal's office. I sat in the chair they offered, so very grateful. Will stood near me, leaning against the wall half asleep. Maybe I should've left him in the car...but he already promised so no take-backs!

"How have you been Lucifer?" Natalie asked. I attempt to shrug but damn my body is still sore. Not quite as bad as before but there is no use in hurting myself.

"I'm alright, sore, tired but fine," I said.

"That's good! I'll get to grade your work. Jace and I have another packet so you can graduate on time. Right, Jace?" Wendel said. He nudges Jace in the arm. The man stopped looking at Will.

"Huh? Yeah. Yeah, there are a few more packets for you. Here," Jace said. He hands me a box for the rest of the next few months. There's a file in there. Covered in calculus problems.

"Thanks," I grumbled. Homework sucks.

"Sorry I couldn't visit you. Jace took the month off and I had to cover for him. He'll be helping you, as will I. I'll call beforehand," Wendel said. Jace nods. He was messing around with his ring on his finger. A promise ring so it seems.

"Great, as for graduation. You seem on track. Sorry, we didn't do this earlier. The paperwork and approval were a long process. Has Mr. Michaels visited you yet?"

"No, why?"

"There was a shoot-out at some club near the docks. He's looking for suspects and since you live near the area I thought he'd call you,"

"Hmm. No, haven't heard of it. But I'll let you guys know. Will? Be a doll and help me out," I said. Will was handed the box and goes to wait outside. Wendel gives me a small gift before rushing off the class he needed to teach. Not before telling me how proud he is. Jaime runs off after being given a pass to class. I go outside to excuse myself. They wanted to talk. I go outside and found Will snoring, the box in his lap. Greg was sitting near him. Will's head on his shoulder. He stared at his hands. A goofy smile. I chuckled.

"Go to class. You're gonna be late," I said. I limped over. My crutch is in handy.

"But he's sleeping?" Greg said. I moved Will's head so he's leaning on the wall.

"There now go," I said. Greg nodded, and he stood up. He looked at me before looking at the ground.

"Would you go out with me... sometime?" Greg whispered.

"Sure Greg. I'd love to, now please go to class," I chuckled. He nods and was running off. A smile as he does so.

"Really?" Will grumbled.