Chapter 11

Greg Dean
I woke to see we arrived at some empty hotel. Lucifer wasn't here but McLennan was awake and Mikasa was snoring. I looked around. Toni's motel and diner? I saw Lucifer, he was wearing some shorts, his left arm wrapped in bandages and he wore a tank top. He looked like a mummy with clothes. His black sneakers were dusty. He looks in our direction as he talked to someone.

"Hi Greg," I turned to see McLennan in a change of clothes too. He wore a white T-shirt and some grey sweatpants.

"Hey?" I said back awkwardly.

"Sorry I don't talk to a lot of people," he said scratching his arm.

"You're fine, I hardly socialize besides at school," I gave a half-smile. Another car pulled up and the four were there. Jaime was poking fun at Sam while Tony and Will talked. Lucifer came over to the car and the owner left. He opened the door.

"The place is ours until Monday," he said as he grabbed the keys.

"Okay," I said and got down. I try not to look at Jaime. Mikasa finally got up and was talking to McLennan.

"Will, could you store the food? By the way, I got milk again," he said narrowing his eyes at his roommate. Will smiled and helped with the luggage. We go explore. I saw Jaime standing awkwardly. Mikasa and McLennan went together to the dining area, Tony and Sam to the rooms, Will was going and Lucifer was grabbing some stuff from the boot. Jaime was walking toward me so I talked with Lucifer.

"Hey, Lucifer need help?" I asked. Lucifer stopped rummaging through his car and gave me a smile.

"If you are up for it, I'm trying to find some papers I need for something. They're photos and reports," he said. I nodded and went to the other side. Will came back for the other box and we found the items. He locked the car and lead the way to our rooms. We met up in the car.

"Okay, it's two per room for my sanity. Will here's your key-" Lucifer tosses the sociopath his keys. He thanked him and left for his room.

"Why does he get his own room?" Jaime asked, hands on his hips. I realize his hair was short now. He got it cut and was wearing a black T-shirt and jeans. No jacket.

"He doesn't. I'm gonna be there. Bunk with your brother. Mikasa and McLennan. You guys see Tony send him my way. Meet up together at the diner around five for dinner. Whatever else you do is up to you," Lucifer grumbled, he hands Mikasa the key to theirs and hands me the key to mine. He gets another phone call.

"Lucifer speaking," he said and went to Will's room. I go to the room and unlock it. Maybe I just need a shower.

I lied that fixed nothing. I felt like I was phasing in and out so I got out instead. I changed into some clothes Lucifer let me borrow. He gave an outfit to each of us. I go lay on the bed. Jaime was watching tv.

"You can't ignore me forever," Jaime scoffed. I turned in my bed. I could call Bella but she doesn't understand. She grew up fine. I don't know anyone here well enough. I slip into darkness.

I woke up around midnight. I see Jaime sleeping, drooling on his pillow. I got out of bed and sneaked out. I tried to close the door quietly. I turned to see Will and Lucifer on top of the car's roof laughing, an oddly sweet moment I couldn't interrupt. I felt guilty. I wanted someone to talk to, I felt so wrong. So empty. Will got off the car and crushed a cigarette. He glanced my way. I try to act like I was going somewhere else. In the end, I went to the pool area, and the water looked cold, and numbing. Grey. I sat at the side of the pool. My reflection staring back at me was horrifying. Dark circles, my eye not as swollen but still bruised and a cut on my cheek barely healing. I splash the water. I was horrible.

"Did I ever say I liked the night better than the morning?" I look up and see Lucifer. He was wearing the same clothes but this time wore a grey long sleeve shirt.

"Will let me know you were awake. He cares in his own way. Don't mind him," Lucifer said sitting next to me, his left leg stretched out.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to bother you," I mumbled holding my head in my hands.

"You aren't. Will had to go print some more reports and study. I slept a good few hours so I'm fine. But you, my friend, seem not so fine," he smiled. I licked my chap lips. How can he act like everything is alright?!

"It's not alright, but I can't change the past," he said scooping a beetle out of the water. I covered my mouth. I didn't mean to say that out loud.

"Oh please, you're fine. I uh have to survive it's why I do it. Surviving, keeping those I care for fed and clothed. Hell Will even brought our cat, Eli. He's snoring in our room," Lucifer chuckled. I sighed and rest my head on my palms, elbows on my knees as I glare at the view.

"I feel guilty," I said.

"Okay. Any reason?" He asked. He cut his hair. Either he did or Will did it for him.

"I thought about what you said and felt better but I felt guilty because I'm not worried anymore," I mumbled. The things in front of me blur. "I know I should be fine! It was a long time ago and if anything I should be talking about this to Bella or Jaime-" I stopped. Lucifer was rubbing my back.

"You don't owe anyone anything. You tell who you think will help you... When I was separated from my mom, I would sneak onto the roof and wish on the stars for my mom to come back," I heard his voice shake. "It doesn't matter how old you are, if it hurts try and help it heal. I use to be so pissed off at other guys for having a mom to complain about. I hated when they would say 'My dad wants to take me to this event, what a drag'. I was jealous and I beat the crap out of five. But it's not their fault and it sure as hell isn't mine. Same with you," Lucifer whispered. I nod.

"She loved me. I miss her, Bella isn't the same. She doesn't have the same warm touch when she hugs me. I just feel alone!" I cried as I pulled my hair. A warm touch pulled my hands away.

"No one else will, but you need to give them the chance to show you something new. Come on, follow me," Lucifer said as he struggled to stand up.

"Where are we going?" I asked getting up. He took my hand to stabilize himself.

"To wish on a star," Lucifer said.