QUEEN OF THIEVES✨💍

CHAPTER 4

I wake up the next day to some continuous chattering breaking myself from my deep slumber. I head towards the bathroom all groggy almost knocking over a few things in my way as I peacefully make it into the bathroom in one piece. I take a hot shower when my sleepiness finally starts to wear off. I stand there in the shower more than I intended too as I stare at my feet as yesterday's events replay themselves in my head. I sigh loudly as I dry myself off and get into my comfy clothes. Just before I leave the bathroom I look at myself in the mirror again. The first day I had come here , looking all scared like a drenched puppy in a rainstorm, I couldn't no more find the life in my eyes. Now it's almost been a month of me staying here, and just a few bitter truths changed everything. All their sad faces flash in front of my eyes like a dream gone wrong. I feel terrible to have put them in the spot like that. But I can make it right and I will make it right. Knowing I have a particular goal I have to work towards and the fact that I'm going to be surrounded by Casanova's and experienced robbers gives a jolt of energy all over my body as I smile in the mirror the first time in a month.

I slowly make my way out of my room to find everyone sitting and having breakfast and my usual spot empty for me with a cup of latte this time and some French toasts. I smile as the fresh smell highlights my mood. I smile once again and take my seat and take a sip of my coffee. All of a sudden, I feel scared. What if they hate me now? What if they think I'm not the right one for the job? What if they send me back to Florida to my cage of a life? What if no one wants me here anymore? These thoughts flood me as I freeze mid bite. I look up to see Jin staring at me bewildered at my behaviour as I quickly take the bite and look away. Maybe next time before I leave the room utterly clueless about how I was going to make this all right, I should put up a plan first and practice it in front of the mirror. Yeah, I better at least practice how to say a good morning because at the moment a cat seems to have caught my tongue. Wait, PRACTICE!! Of course. How could I forget the painting. It's the main step in the heist! If I'm able to complete this step, it might be declaration of me wanting to be a part of everything and the team won't just deem me useless.

With the excitement of finally making things right I muster up every bit of courage I have and say Good Morning. But to my dismay, my voice comes out like a dying rat and I curse at myself for being such an embarrassment. When I open my eyes slightly to see everyone, I'm met with 5 pairs of  dumbfounded eyes. A small tinge of pain stabs me in the heart. I really did treat them like trash didn't I? I give all of them a sweet smile before I look at Yoongi who looks like the unbothered king he usually is. Again another stab of pain when I notice Yoongi absolutely not giving a damn about my existence. The others look at me still bewildered at my change of personality as I finish my breakfast and head back into my room to get to work.

I don't waste a single minute as I settle myself comfortably on my bed as my art supplies lay organised around me and I begin painting. I make sure to place the timer so that I actually make progress. The minute my brush touches the paper, everything else goes blank except me and my art. I let my hands smoothly glide over the rough but smooth edged paper as the painting starts to come to life. It looks way more livelier and artistic than before and I'm happy at that. Of course it's bound to be much much better that now I'm doing this from my heart. I want to achieve this goal and prove my worth to the Guild so I will give nothing less than my best every single second I be here. I finally finish my first painting and look at the time, '46' minutes. I take out my previous painting from earlier and compare it with my new one. There is such I stark difference that I almost scowl at my old painting. Yoongi was right, I was holding off on my talent. I put down the old paintings aside and asses my new ones for faults and flaw. It still lacks flow like Yoongi often points out and the time still isn't correct. It has got be perfect like Yoongi had instructed me to make it. But to be honest , I'm happy that my real talent really does show. I smile and pat myself on the back and get back to working again.