QUEEN OF THIEVES ✨💍

CHAPTER 6

As the footsteps get closer, I feel Jungkook's breath catch in his chest. His arms are rigid around me and his eyes are closed tight, thinking. Listening. Suddenly they snap open and his body eases.

Jungkook: Jimin

He breathes something in relief against my hair,but I don't recognise the language.

Namjoon: Huh?

He lets me go and it takes us a second to get to our feet with how our legs were tangled. Jungkook steps out from behind the statue and folds his arms.

Jungkook: I should have recognised your footsteps earlier.

Jimin: I was disguising my walk.

Jungkook: Not well enough. What are you doing here?

Jimin: Just checking on things. And isn't Jungkook cute when he is caught off guard, Namjoon?

He winks at me and my cheeks heat up as I look up to see Jungkook with a cloud of pink dusting his cheeks. He does look adorable. I mean being pressed that close, feeling his wild heartbeat— Oof Namjoon, snap out of it. But I can't help glance again and again at Jungkook standing besides me.

Jungkook: Almost as cute as your attempt to give us a collective heart attack.

Jimin: I wanted to have a little fun while I was looking out for you.

Looking out for him? They really care so much about each other. But the very next second Jimin's light smile falls into an expression I have never seen before - alert and serious.

Jimin: I've heard through my contacts that Pierre Gerald is coming for Yoongi, Jin and you.

Yoongi through the earpiece: And are we supposed to be concerned about this?

Jimin: I still don't like the sound of it.

Jungkook studies him for a minute , and then his posture eases away from the usual frigidity. He even offers his little smile I saw when he kissed my knuckles- a genuine one.But I can't help the growing questions in my mind so I ask the them the one that has been seriously bothering me since the past few nights after the Underbelly.

Namjoon: Is Gerald dangerous?

For a second I feel stupid for asking that question. Of course he is dangerous! He literally hired a man to stab Yoongi. The thought makes chills run down my spine . I don't even want to think what else that man is possibly up to. The gaze he gave me when he addressed me still disgusts me to this very moment.

Jungkook and Yoongi together: Certainly not.

They seem pretty confident which eases some unease from my chest but at their response to my question, Jimin throws a sharp look at Jungkook.

Jimin: He is not a kind man , and he is capable of terrible things.

And the dread starts creeping in me. This heist isn't exactly scary for me as I have the Gilded Poppy with me but just the thought of Gerald hurting one of us again has me rooted to the spot in shear terror.

Jimin: What if Namjoon gets wrapped up in this?

That makes Jungkook pause and I can hear Yoongi go absolutely silent through the coms. For a second Jungkook just looks at me , and then he nods.