𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

third personwest valley

third person
west valley

after school, hayden took it upon herself to check on miguel.

standing in front of his apartment, she took a big breath before knocking on the door, only to be met with an older woman with curly hair and a smile.

this had to be miguel's mother. the similar features were seriously uncanny.

'called it. she is hot.' she thought to herself, fighting off a smirk before remembering why she was there.

"hi, i'm hayden. a friend of miguel's. i was just wondering if i could speak to him?" she asked, growing shy in front of the attractive woman.

the lady only smiled, "of course. come in." she offered, taking a step to the side.

hayden's eyes widened. she assumed that his mom would call him to the front door or let them talk outside for a moment. but not invite her inside the house.

but nonetheless, she walked inside with a small smile.

"he's down the hall, first door on your left." she pointed, sending the girl a warm, inviting smile that reminded her of her mom.

"okay, thank you ms. diaz." she nodded before heading towards the door and knocking.

"come in!" she heard from the other side and suddenly her heart was going at a hundred miles an hour and her thoughts raced as she entered the room, seeing miguel laying on his bed with an ice pack to his head. though, he was still dressed up as if he were going somewhere.

"hey," she smiled, standing awkwardly at the door.

miguel being surprised at her appearance was an understatement.

his eyes widened a fraction or two, she could've sworn she heard his breath hitch and he quickly sat up, removing the ice pack from his eye as he threw her an incredulous smile.

"hey! what're you doing here?" he asked, his brows slightly furrowing but keeping a smile on his face nonetheless.

miguel would've been lying if he were to say he wasn't happy to see her. lately, the only person he felt comfortable and safe around was hayden.

"hey, put that back on your eye." the girl scolded quietly, walking towards him and sitting on the edge of the bed, taking the ice pack in his hand to gently put back to his eye, to which miguel responded with a playful eye roll and a teasing "yes, ma'am."

hayden snorted while mocking his childish behavior before taking his hand and putting it on the ice pack for him to hold.

"i just wanted to check on you. you looked pretty beat up at school, so you know..." she trailed off, gnawing on her lower lip.

"you were worried?" miguel asked, raising a brow as he slightly leaned down to catch her gaze once again.

hayden's face turned a bright pink color as she quickly shook her head, looking up at the ceiling embarrassedly before going to speak.