𝐭𝐞𝐧

third personwest valley

third person
west valley

after school, hayden took it upon herself to take another shift at the car shop that she was growing to love.

one, she was making money on her own and she didn't have to rely on her practically estranged mother to pay for groceries and things. two, she was working with a hot teenage boy who she was becoming really good friends with and she felt could potentially grow into something more. and three, she could get back into her love for karate in a nonviolent way.

she would still keep her promise to her mom and feed her desire for karate and put food on the table. all while keeping herself occupied.

it was a win-win-win.

she entered the shop with her bag slung on her shoulder, looking around and figuring she'd clock in beforehand.

"hey, mrs. larusso, what do you need me to work on?" she entered the woman's office looking down at her phone as she clocked in before looking up at the woman with a friendly smile.

"hayden," the woman looked up, surprised. "i thought you put in your hours for today?"

hayden nodded slowly, "i did... but i figured i could put in some extra hours. it kinda beats going home right now." she chuckled awkwardly, shifting in her spot uncomfortably as she folded her hands in front of her.

the woman stared at her for a moment, trying to get a read on the teen before nodding. almost out of sympathy which hayden was slightly ticked off about but tried not to let it show.

she didn't need anyone's sympathy. she was doing just fine on her own. she was handling it. wether she wanted to or not. those were the cards she was dealt, and she'd grown to deal with it head-on.

"uh, sure you could- hey, daniel!"

she stopped mid-sentence making the teen turn her head and spot the kind man walking past the door but quickly stop and turn towards the girls.

when noticing hayden standing in the doorway, daniel smiled at the girl.

"oh, hayden, i didn't notice you. actually, i was just about to call you, why don't you join robby in the back?" he placed a hand on her back, patting her a couple of time encouragingly.

hayden looked over at amanda and then back at daniel, a smile growing on her face before nodding, "okay, thanks mr. larusso."

she stalked off towards the back, walking into the room with her head down before looking up and noticing the familiar teen boy who sat with his back facing her and focusing on something in front of him.

"this has to be the most focused i've ever seen you." the girl chuckled, leaning against the doorframe as she watched robby concentrate.

robby snapped his gaze towards her, his pursed lips slowly turning into a soft smile when seeing the girl.