𝐬𝐢𝐱

third personthe sanders residence

third person
the sanders residence

"fuck my life." hayden groaned, slumped in her seat and holding her head in her hands. esme sanders stood next to her, rubbing the girl's shoulder comfortingly.

"you're telling the only way we can avoid paying for the damages caused, is for me to go back to school?" hayden groaned, rubbing her face stressfully.

the sanders girl had awoken this morning to the sound of loud knocks at her apartment door, those knocks belonging to two police officers, the school principal, and a judge that officiated their case.

after the school fight, news had came out that over one hundred thousand dollars worth of damage was caused during the fight. everyone who had any involvement in the fight spoke to the judge about their split of the damages caused.

everyone was forced to either pay the amount presented, or take part in community service hours.

however, in hayden's case, she was presented with the choice of paying the grand amount, or going back to school under probation and certain expectations to follow.

the principal pulled up her transcripts, presenting them to the judge and revealing how she was a grade a student, who got into one to many tussles.

the principal always took a liking to hayden. she was a good kid, good grades, almost never gave him any trouble unlike the rest of the rotten teenagers that attended high school.

so, when he heard they were meeting with hayden and her mom, let's just say he was more than eager to bat for her and increase her chances of going back and finishing high school.

hayden assumed they were just doing their 'morally upright' thing to do, as their role in society, and saw her, not as the troubled teen she was, but as a cry for help, acting out because she simply needed guidance in her life.

bullshit, if you asked her.

"unless you'd like to pay the entirety of the damages you costed the school-"

"which is how much?" esme interrupted, gently pulling hayden's hair behind her shoulders as she listened.

the judge glanced at esme through the lenses of her glasses, pushing them up the bridge of her nose and flickering her gaze down to the paper in front of her. "one thousand, eight hundred, eighty-eight dollars and sixty-seven cents."

hayden had to refrain from letting her jaw drop, knowing her pupils dilated half the size they were before.

"is that the amount the other kids were presented as well?" esme asked in disbelief, her eyes widening as well.

"no. your daughter has the highest amount to her name, due to the excessive footage from witnesses phones, and multiple videos online. all of which your daughter was in, causing the most damage."