𝐨𝐧𝐞

hayden sanders the sanders' residence

hayden sanders
the sanders' residence

"where were you!? do you realize how worried i was? answer me!"

i roll my eyes as i speed-walked to my room, trying my best to avoid facing my mom.

obviously i failed.

i quickly walked inside my room, going to shut the door until a hand had completely halted it, making me grit my teeth in anger.

"you're not leaving this house until you tell me where the hell you went and how you got that goddamn bruise!" she shouted. i run my hands over my face slowly in frustration, letting out a groan.

"oh, my god. mom, just drop it!" my voice raises to the same level as hers, if not maybe higher.

"no— you live in my goddamn house! you'll answer to me!"

"it's not like you're ever here! it's basically my fucking house!" i snap.

this shuts her mouth and i can tell i'd hit a nerve.

"you're grounded. for the rest of the summer. you're not going nowhere and you're not seeing anyone." is the last thing she says as she turns around and slams my door shut, sending a vibration throughout the house. i feel bad for our neighbors downstairs.

i can feel the tips of my ears turn bright red as my teeth gritted in anger. glaring at the door, i chucked a stuffed animal at it, shoving my middle finger up as if she could actually see me.

thinking back on the night, i groaned quietly.

it'd been three days since my mom grounded me. since miguel won all valley championships, and since i last talked to robby.

i was slowly going insane.

being grounded and alone in the house gave me too much time to think and restricted me from doing anything to get my mind off it.

robby still hadn't returned any of my texts or calls and it was beginning to worry me. however, after being given this much time to think, i realized how much of a hypocrite i was being.

i'd blown up on hawk after playing dirty and praised miguel for doing the same. which only made me feel ten times worse about the situation with hawk.

i haven't been answering any of miguel's text other than to tell him i'm grounded and won't be able to see him all summer.

and to occupy all the free time in my hands, i've taken up coloring as a hobby. strangely comforting.

which is what i was doing currently, with my earbuds in and my thoughts completely detached from my mind.

until a knock came at the door and i furrowed my brows in confusion.

it came again a few seconds later, confirming that i wasn't just hearing things so i quickly get off my bed and do a small jog towards the front door.