𝐭𝐰𝐨

third personthe sanders residence

third person
the sanders residence

"oh god," esme cried at the sight of a bloody hayden, laying on the couch and holding her side in pain. "we need to get you to the hospital, now."

hayden quickly shook her head. "no! no hospitals, please, mom! no hospitals!" she begged, her squinted eyes going wide.

esme lifted the hayden's shirt up, where she was holding her side, letting out a gasp at the large dark bruise. "oh, my god." her hand flew to her mouth.

"it's fine, mom. don't be dramatic, stop!" she yanked her shirt back down.

esme snapped her gaze up to hayden's eyes, a line forming between her eyebrows. "you need to go to a hospital, hayden—"

"you can barely afford to pay bills now! imagine medical bills on top of that! i don't need the hospital, it's fine!" hayden snapped, placing a hand on her forehead.

"you don't worry about that, i do! and you're going to a hospital!"

hayden looked at the time on the clock.

12:00am.

and her mom still wasn't home, which was hayden's confirmation that she wouldn't be home until dawn.

"hayden, miss sanders." the doctor came in, her clipboard in hand. "the results from your cat scan came in, and you're very lucky. there are no severe damages.."

esme let out a breath of relief. "however, we did find some internal bleeding, but it's very slight. you're lucky we caught it in time to treat it."

esme threw hayden a look.

"now, for your mri, we didn't find much. however, hayden, do you feel any dizziness? nausea? no vomiting?" the doctor took a few steps closer to the girl, taking out her ophthalmoscope and switching the light on.

"no, maybe just a little bit of dizziness." hayden furrowed.

"follow the light, please."

hayden looked at the light, her eyes going left and right as the doctor moved the light.

"the mri revealed a slight concussion. you might experience some headaches, nausea, vomiting, and maybe some confusion from time to time. we'll prescribe analgesics for the headaches and pain." the doctor explained as she jotted down notes on her papers.

"but other than that, you're fine. i'd suggest icing that ribcage every single night, at least ten minutes on and off. don't sleep on your side and the bruise should be gone in two to four weeks."

hayden threw her head back on the hospital bed, letting out a small groan.

"hayden... hayden wake up." esme shook the girl who'd fallen asleep on the couch. but now, esme wasn't too sure if she really was asleep, because of the whimpers and mumbled that left hayden's mouth.