𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

third personwest valley juvenile hall

third person
west valley juvenile hall

the next day, hayden made sure to set a clock for six-thirty in the morning.

and then another for six-thirty-one.

and another for six-thirty-five.

she'd set consecutive timers, all for today.

today was the day. the day that robby was getting out of juvie. and hayden wanted to be the first person there, the first person he'd see. she knew all inmates get out at seven a clock, sharp. hence the multiple timers.

she figured it gave her enough time to shower and make herself look, well, presentable. like she hadn't not been sleeping for the past two weeks.

hayden would never admit it out loud, but deep down, she wanted to look nice.

she wanted robby to think she looked nice.

and she hated that he made her care about superficial things like her looks.

even though, robby truly couldn't care if she showed up in a potato bag and had the world's worst case of bed head. she still drew his attention, like a moth drawn to a light.

hayden shifted from foot to foot with her skateboard standing upright in her hand, waiting down the staircase of the juvenile hall with a pounding heart.

it was raining, hard. and the more hayden stood outside in a trance, the more she got soaked.

she took a deep breath, ridding all the anxious thoughts coursing through her head and taking a step up the stairs while loosely lifting her hoodie on top of her head.

until something caught her eyes.

she furrowed her brows, slowly trailing her gaze over and narrowing her eyes in on a car.

a shiny car.

a black audi two-thousand eighteen's audi.

daniel larusso's car.

hayden let her mouth gape before her eyes slowly trailed over to another car.

a two-thousand nine's dodge challenger, this time.

johnny lawrence's car.

she facepalmed, groaning under her breath. hayden knew as well as anyone else in the valley that whenever those two were together, it was never good.

all nerves were out the window as she jogged up the steps, hearing faint voices the closer she got.

"you never once considered maybe you should think first." she heard, although it was still mumbled from where she was down the stairs.

"you know what i'm thinking now?" johnny responded, and it was a lot more clearer as she got to the top of the staircase.

"yeah, i got a pretty good idea." daniel scoffed, the two men now in each other's faces.