𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

hayden sanders the all-valley tournament

hayden sanders
the all-valley tournament

i fiddled with my fingers nervously as i walked into the arena, taking a deep breath.

for some reason, knowing miguel was fighting in this tournament made me want to throw up. knowing he could potentially get hurt. it all made me physically ill.

it was this feeling that made me realize how much i really liked miguel. the feeling of sickness that gave me a sudden epiphany.

knowing that if he got hurt, i wouldn't know what to do with myself. and watching him get hurt was a whole different story.

i shake my head quickly, deciding to shake those thoughts away and explore the arena a little before the tournament started.

i walk up to the huge banner that hung, it being one of the first things you see when you walk in. and a row of trophies as well.

i walk closer out of curiosity, recognizing the boy on the banner.

and after a moment of examining, i realized i recognized the boy as mr. larusso from back then. a small smile quirked at my lips as i stared at the banner.

"that was the first tournament i ever fought in." i snap my gaze over, seeing mr. larusso walk towards me and staring up at the banner as well.

"really?" i ask in amazement, looking back up at young mr. larusso.

i could see him nod in my peripheral vision. "mhm. mr. miyagi was right beside me through the entire thing. id gotten hurt during one of the matches and for a moment, i thought i wasn't going to win..." he trails off and i look over to see him looking into the distance, as if remembering something.

"mr. miyagi helped me through the injury, he healed me, helped me get back onto that mat. and that move," he pointed up at the banner, "is what made me win. mr. miyagi taught me that move."

i stare up at the banner, mesmerized. "wow," i murmur. he turns his body to face me.

"did you know?" i turn to him, furrowing my brows. "know what?" i ask with a snort.

"that robby was johnny lawrence's son."

i purse my lips, looking down at the floor. he got his answer from my silence.

"yeah, i figured he told you considering how close you two are." he nodded, closing his eyes. "i mean, every time i'd look at you two, you'd be laughing and joking around. you guys remind me of someone i used to know..." my cheeks tint at that and i look off to the side.

"i'm sorry i didn't tell you mr. larusso, but it wasn't my business to tell, you know? i figured robby would tell you when he was ready." i nod slowly, hoping he would understand where i was coming from.

"i'm not mad at you, hayden. more at robby than—"

i furrow my brows, shaking my head. "wait— you're mad at robby? why?"