𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

third personwest valley juvenile hall

third person
west valley juvenile hall

"the thing is— fear can't hurt you any more than a dream." robby flipped the page, engrossed in the book in his hands. he flipped page, after page, after page, completely unaware to his surroundings.

"maybe there is a beast... maybe it's us." robby read, his eyes scanning the words over and over again, sparking a relation to the quote as his eyes flickered forward and back to the book.

he was reading lord of the flies. hayden's favorite book. he vividly remembered their first conversation.

"we'll start off easy. what's your favorite color?"

"green."

"what's your favorite book?"

"lord of the flies." the girl answered proudly. "the fault in our star is a close second."

"hm, cannot say i've had the pleasure of reading either of them." the boy hummed, shaking his head slightly.

robby smiled at the memory that seemed so distant now, recalling hayden's bright smile as she spoke so highly about the book. he'd never had the time to read the book, but when skimming the small section of books the juvenile hall carried and his eyes immediately landing on this book, the first person he thought of was hayden sanders.

"i think women are foolish to pretend they are equal to men, they are far superior and always have been." he cracked a smile as he read the quote, now realizing why hayden loved the book. the feminism sparked an interest in her... and it was so like hayden to have an interest in that specific quote.

robby knew her all too well.

he flipped to the next page.

meanwhile, hayden typed away on her computer, her eyes narrowing at the links and websites that came up as the results of her search.

her eyes widened slightly when she found what she was looking for, grinning. "yes!"

she pulled out her phone, tapping the phone icon and dialing the number.

holding the phone up to her ear anxiously, she tapped her foot impatiently.

"west valley juvenile hall. press one to access an inmate, press two to pay—" hayden quickly pressed one, letting out a shaky breath, and tapping her fingers on her thighs.

"hello, how can i help you?" a woman answered the phone boredly, sounding as though she had nothing better to do.

"hi! yes—" she cleared her throat from sounding too excited. "i'm—i'm trying to reach robby keene."