𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

third personwest valley

third person
west valley

when friday morning rolled around, hayden felt the grogginess multiply immensely. she didn't get much sleep the night before, thoughts of robby and miguel, and mr. larusso's family racing through her mind.

in the back of her mind, she was always curious to learn more about her family. her dad and what characteristic traits she shared with him, what features she shared with him, and what hobbies they enjoyed. but again, the thoughts were way back in her mind. deep, deep down.

he was also the absent, estranged father that left and never looked back. never came back or felt an ounce of remorse, not even a little bit curious to see how his two daughters turned out. and that version of her father will always be the one she'd see in him, regardless of their similar personality traits.

"hayden," she heard a voice come from behind her, snapping her out of her thoughts. she turned around, seeing a mohawked boy and an ecuadorian boy beside him, large smiles on their faces. "eli, miguel." hayden greeted with a grin. she knew eli went by hawk now, but she'd never, ever call him hawk.

both because it sounded so stupid, she'd never say it out loud and also because he'd always be eli to her. sweet, shy eli playing dress up and just a little bit confident and sure of himself. which wasn't a bad thing.

she also took note that eli never exactly corrected her, and it didn't even faze him that she never bothered to call him hawk, he just let her do it, because it was hayden. and in eli's eyes, hayden did no wrong.

"what's up guys?" she asked, looking between the two in amusement. it was almost amazing what a couple of karate lessons and some confidence will do to you, because the two looked completely different than the two nerds she had met on the first day of school.

"nah, nothing much. we just wanted to ask if you'd be there to support us at the all-valley tournament tomorrow." hawk shrugged, ruffling the girls hair as they walked side by side.

hayden laughed, pulling her head away and pushing his arm as hard as she could, which wasn't very hard considering hawk barely moved. "yeah, i'll be there supporting my two favorite cobra kai guys." she threw her arms around the two, which only made miguel and hawk have to bend down to her height so she could even reach around their shoulders to begin with.

hayden looked between the two with a large smile on her face, feeling superior that she could get her arms around the two large boys. even if they did have to help her. "alright, cool." hawk chuckled before fully standing so now hayden's arm was only around miguel. "well, i gotta get to class but i'll see you two later?" he and miguel did there handshake before he ruffled hayden's hair again with a smirk and took off, not giving hayden enough time to be able to push his arm away.

hayden laughed as she watched him walk off before turning her gaze to look at miguel, who seemed unhappy. "hey, what's up?" she asked with a frown, letting her hand that was around the boy's shoulder drop to her side.