𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

third personmiyagi do

third person
miyagi do

hayden swiped down on her phone and quickly pressed the do not disturb button in frustration.

she hadn't talked to miguel since yesterday, and she didn't plan to either. he bombarded her phone with apologies, though, and she knew deep down he meant them.

but she needed a moment to be angry.

feeling stares burn into the top of her skull, she looked up from her phone, seeing robby by the punching bag and sam stretching next to him, both giving her blank stares.

she rolls her eyes, putting her bag off to the side and leaning against the rail while waiting for mr. larusso.

"maybe we should take a video of us sparring and post it on instagram." robby continued his conversation with sam, continuing to punch the punching bag.

"everybody already saw us at valley fest. nobody cared." sam shot down, shaking her head as she moved to a different stretching position.

robby placed a hand on the punching bag in thought. "you know what the problem is? miyagi do's all about defense."

"defense wins championships." sam responded.

"yeah but people show up for the offense. that's why cobra kai is more popular." the way he had said it made hayden feel like it was somehow directed towards her, and she knew she wasn't wrong when seeing his side glance at her.

"alright, we need to show them we can fight too." he finished after his snide comment.

"so, what exactly are we supposed to do? go to the mall and pick a fight? record us defending ourselves?" sam asked sarcastically.

"it's not the worst idea," robby muttered in response.

sam let out a small scoff. "it's a terrible idea."

"haven't you guys ever heard of the saying, good things come to those who wait?" hayden chimed in with her own scoff. "why don't we just let the fight come to us? god knows something's bound to happen." she muttered the last part under her breath.

robby and sam glanced at each other, then back at hayden before shrugging and going back to what they were doing.

"the silent treatment? wow, what are we? in fifth grade?" she rolled her eyes, pushing herself off the railing and heading inside the dojo.

hayden sat in the backseat of mr. larusso's car next to robby with her arm's crossed, annoyed.

the two teens hadn't said a word to her all day and the last thing she wanted to do was spend the day in a place where she clearly wasn't wanted. with rich people to top it off.

it was a nice gesture of mr. larusso to invite them, but hayden would've rather spent her day lounging at the house eating potato chips all day.

"i still don't understand how going to the beach is going to help us gain more students." robby spoke from the back.