𝐭𝐞𝐧

third personcobra kai dojo

third person
cobra kai dojo

"what're you gonna do?" robby warily asked, hot on hayden's heels.

he had been the first after her as soon as she exited the dojo.

he knew, better than anyone, that as soon as she was alone with her thoughts, she became destructive. and impulsive.

a danger not only to people around her, but to herself.

"hayden." he narrowed his eyes when she ignored his presence.

"i don't really have time to talk right now, robby." hayden monotonously said, slinging her bag over her shoulder as she felt the familiar pit growing in her stomach.

"stop," his hand grew a mind of its own, quickly reaching out and tugging her shoulder out of frustration. "just— just stop for a minute."

hayden turned around with a scowl, her brows knitting together in result of her anger. "stop for what? why? what, so you can guide me through this hard time?" she mocked, letting out a dry chuckle. "so you can be a knight in shining armor and save me from this horrible heartache? stop me from doing something reckless?" she rose a challenging brow.

robby's mouth fluttered open and shut, failing to come up with a coherent sentence.

"you can save the spiel. i don't fucking need saving."

"or you're too stubborn to admit it." robby shot back, returning the challenging brow. "look, i was in the same place you are now. angry, hurt, and i felt betrayed by everyone. the only difference was no one was there to stop me from doing something stupid. remember where that landed me?"

hayden stayed quiet, trailing her gaze off to the side. "i have to go." she placed her board on the floor, quickly skating off without another word.

"what are you even saying right now?!" sam exclaimed, her widened eyes blinking rapidly.

"i'm not entirely opposed to the idea." demetri shrugged.

"what? demetri, she's friends with the people who broke your arm." sam scoffed, raising her arm exasperatedly.

"she didn't do the crime, hayden's always been nice to me." he defended.

sam shook her head dismissively, turning back to miguel. "we are joining forces and you want our first act to be convincing hayden to join us?!"

the whole team began chiming in with their own opinions, chris stating it's better than being stuck with penis breath and mitch saying it's better than being stuck with douchebag. others said she wasn't to be trusted, she was too unpredictable, she was a wild card that they couldn't afford to bet on, a hot and cold mystery.

miguel threw his head back with a quiet groan.
"guys." no one heard him, still caught up in their own bickering.

"guys." the same thing, no one heard him.