𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

hayden sandershayden's apartment

hayden sanders
hayden's apartment

"fuck," i mutter to myself while examining the fresh bruise on the right side of my face in the mirror, running my fingers across it softly but still wincing and sucking in a sharp breath.

i shut my eyes, gripping the counter tightly.

today was the day of the all-valley championship and i was conflicted with all the hundreds of emotions and thoughts that swarmed within me.

robby hadn't returned any of my calls or texts, while miguel bombarded me with apologies for last night. regardless of how much i reassured and forgave him.

i was beginning to get a migraine from all the newfound stress... or maybe it was from the punch i'd received that still ached.

either way, it wasn't doing me any good.

some people handled stress really well; being able to take on more than what others can. i, however, am not one of those people.

chewing off even a little more than what i can handle makes my stress and anxiety skyrocket.

the stress slowly builds inside me, becoming overwelming and suffocating.

and when the stress reaches the top of the pot, boiling over, my emotions haywire and i find myself becoming blunt and more apathetic than i'd like to admit.

i stare at myself in the mirror, continuing to examine my bruise and biting my lower lip harshly. i didn't realize how hardly i was gripping onto the sink until i tore my gaze away from the mirror and down at my knuckles, seeing them turn white.

i quickly pushing myself off the counter and rub my knuckles gently, looking at the mirror again.

shaking my head, i gently rub my face and walk over to the shower.

"you're losing it, hayden. you're fucking losing it." i mutter to myself, turning the shower on and quickly stripping out of my clothes.

at my old school, before i got expelled, i used to take all honor classes. which was basically regular classes, just at a faster pace.

the teacher's were bitches and felt the need to assign shit every single day. like any normal person, i'd fall behind sometimes and before i knew it, i'd have assignments stacking up.

the stress was a lot, and i'd begged my mom to let me drop out of them, but she denied me every single time.

she said honor classes were something to be proud of, and that maybe i'd actually get somewhere in life.

unlike the rest of our family full of fuck ups. her words, not mine.

but, i didn't disagree.

anyway, i found that when i felt overwhelmed, warm baths or showers helped.

baths when i had time, with candles and bath bombs. but showers did the job, too.