𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

third personcobra kai dojo

third person
cobra kai dojo

"guys, the limo is coming at six! so don't be late or else we're leaving! 'cause my date and i, we on a mission." kyler announced loudly, theo by his side with his own smirk.

"and just to make it clear, in case you guys were wondering, your boy also has a date and is off the market. sorry hayden, you lost your chance with all this." theo winked at hayden who was squeezing water out of her bottle and into her mouth, obviously not caring any less about what the two dumbasses had to say.

she proved just how much she didn't care by holding up her middle finger, still squeezing water into her mouth.

theo chuckled before turning around to talk to kyler some more.

"you haven't mentioned much about prom." robby stated, but it came out as more of a question, from beside her, brushing a strand of hair out of her face as she tucked the water back into her bag.

she shrugged. "i don't know. there's not much to mention since i don't plan on going." she turned to face him completely.

robby nodded, pursing his lips. he wanted to talk about the subject more but didn't get the chance to say anything else when kreese and silver walked in.

"everyone, fall in." they made their way to the front of the room. "todays lesson is about balance. not the way miyagi do teaches it." he glanced over at terry silver. "you're going to learn how to get inside the heads of your opponents and throw them off balance. pair up."

automatically, robby and hayden went to their spot in the room and got into their position. hayden threw slow punches that robby deflected.

"i think you should go." robby shrugged nonchalantly, a faint smile on his lips. he wanted to pretend not to care but, really, he did.

"what's up with you and prom?" she chuckled, now deflecting the punches robby threw.

"well, i- you know, i think it's the perfect way to get into our opponents head before the big day." he shrugged sheepishly.

robby didn't want hayden to know that he wanted to go prom with her, he was embarrassed that hayden would think he was too sentimental or maybe too clingy. or that she would reject him in all.

it was a silly thing to even think, especially considering the fact that they were dating and the chances of her rejecting him are slim to none, but with all the flighty women he's dealt with, it was an understandable concern.

"robby keene, are trying to ask me to prom?" hayden playfully narrowed her eyes, a soft chuckle escaping her mouth as she threw another punch.

"what? n-no. i'm just saying- i'm not even a student at that school anymore, so i couldn't go-"

"you could if you went with me. as my guest." she smirked, but it slowly faded. "it's short notice, though. you'd need a tux, and i'd need to find a dress." she frowned.