𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

third personwest valley

third person
west valley

hayden woke up the next morning fairly late.. if you consider ten late.

she had woken up to the smell of eggs and bacon, as well as the sound of scraping against a fry pan.

her eyes fluttered opened and for a moment, she imagined herself at her old house back in new york. they had lived in the poorest part of new york: the bronx. she was ten years old and waking up to her mom humming tunes as she yelled for hayden to get out of bed before logan ate all the pancakes and bacon. and they would laugh and make silly shapes with the pieces of bacon, even when their mom scolded them not play with their food.

and they were happy. genuinely happy.

when her mom didn't work so many hours and logan was actually apart of their small family. when she and hayden were close. and for a moment, a split second, she felt like her ten year old self again, back in her tiny old house. and she could hear her mother's sweet hums again.

but that all slowly faded away, as she realized she was on her sister's couch and the humming was coming from logan in the kitchen.

"wake up, lazy ass." logan called from the kitchen, setting a plate down on the table that she assumed was for her.

"hmph," the girl groaned out, stretching her back for a moment before slowly getting off the coach and dragging herself over to the small dining table.

"i see you made yourself comfortable on my couch last night." logan rose a brow, taking a slow sip out of her coffee mug.

hayden only continued to rub her face, running a hand through her hair before looking up at logan with a bored expression: "yup."

"can i ask why?" logan pressed, invoking a sigh from hayden. "me and robby hung out at the skate-"

"you and who?" logan asked, setting her mug down as she was now fully invested in the conversation at the mentioning of a boy.

"a coworker. anyways-"

"coworker? you got a job?! that's all you're gonna give me?" logan asked in disbelief, making hayden roll her eyes.

"can i finish?" the girl asked exasperatedly.

logan leaned back in her seat with her arms crossed, but gave a nod nonetheless as if to say 'go on.'

"me and robby had went to the skatepark last night and we hadn't realized how late it had gotten. we figured it'd be better to just come to your guys' apartment, considering it was closer than mom's house. robby is a coworker, yes. but technically, i met him when i was helping you unpack the first day i came here with you. and yes i got a job, someone has to buy groceries while mom is working twelve hour shifts." the girl finished explaining with a huff, taking a bite out of her bacon.