𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

third person  west valley

third person
west valley

walking down the aisles of the mini-mart, hayden eyed some of the candy on one of the shelves snagging a snicker's bar for later.

she'd split it with robby.

although, she did feel a bit guilty for leaving miguel and the party, but she'd feel guiltier leaving mr. larusso and robby hanging, too.

while waiting for eli to finish paying for the many snacks that they were buying for the party, she pulled out her phone to check the time.

"somewhere you need to be?" hayden snapped her gaze up to see miguel walk towards her with a smirk.

she quickly tucked her phone away, clearing her throat and shifting from one foot to the other.

miguel's smirk dropped because he had been joking about his previous statement but hayden genuinely looked like she needed to be somewhere.

"don't tell me you're actually leaving." miguel frowned.

"well, it's just.." she trailed off, sighing.

she had no idea how she was going to explain the fact that she was apart of another dojo and at that, with the boy who he caught hanging out with his girlfriend and her family.

"what was that you were saying about 'hanging around more'?" miguel questioned, tilting his head to the side while mimicking her voice. he was mocking her.

'damn it. i had said that.' she thought to herself with an internal scold. "first of all, i don't sound like that." she rolled her eyes, miguel smiled amusedly. "look, i just have things to—"

"you can't cancel these mysterious things for one night? just for one night, hayden. I could really use some moral support tonight... please." miguel pleaded in a soft voice, throwing her the puppy dog eyes.

'fuck.' hayden knew she was fucked. it was over for her because all miguel needed to do to win her over was throw her those puppy dog eyes, say please in that soft tone and boom. she'd give in. game over.

the girl licked the inside of her cheek, tapping her foot gently in deep contemplation before groaning and tossing her head back, nodding.

"alright, alright. fine. i'll cancel my 'mysterious things'."

miguel grinned from ear to ear, throwing his arm around the girl eagerly; "you're the best, sanders."

"yeah, yeah, diaz." she rolled her eyes playfully, nudging the boy in the side with her elbow as she made a mental note to text robby that she wouldn't be able to make it to today's lesson.

"i'll-i'll be right back." miguel excused himself, unwrapping his arm from around the girl and quickly stepping outside. hayden furrowed her brows but nodded nonetheless with a small "okay."