Chapter 1

Mia's POV:

*Flashback*
~Mia, Joe and Zoe in school when Mia and Joe were 13 and Zoe was 14~
"Slut!"
"Bitch"
"Weirdooooo"
"Best friends with Joe!"
"Piece of crap!"
"Have you and Joe done it yet? Bet you have!"
"Fat!"
"Think your cool, best friends with a boy!"
"Joe and you make me wanna puke!"
These taunts and laughs are thrown at me whilst me Joe and Zoe march through the corridors, Joe on one side of me and Zoe on the other side.
One girl shoves me in the arm and the taunts and laughing carries on. It's nothing new to be honest but it's still hard to cope with.
I bite my lip so hard, trying not to cry. I need to cry, I can't hold it in any more! I run towards the school exit because it's the end of school anyway.
As soon as I've left the school gates I collapse in a bus shelter and Joe flops down beside me, his floppy sandy hair and tanned skin makes me heart kinda melt, maybe I do like Joe a bit.
I burst into tears.
"It's alright Mia, just calm down and take deep breaths.." Zoe soothes, crouching next to me.
Joe puts a skinny arm around my shoulders and hugs me.
"They're just stupid Mia, they think cause your friends with me that we are a thing. C'mon let's go buy three cans of coke cos it's Friday!" Joe says and get's up offering me a hand.
"Thanks guys.." I give a half hearted smile and wipe the mascara from under my eyes and we walk off together.
*End of Flashback*
I remember that day so clearly, I used to like Joe when I was around 13/14, well I guess I've always liked him and now we're engaged which makes me super happy.
Joe looks over at me and see's me looking off into space with a concerned look on my face.
"What's up?" He asks, flopping next to me on the sofa and it reminds me of being in that bus shelter.
"T-that day, its so clear in my mind." I stammer.
"What day? Babe what's wrong?" Joe says calmly.
"You know, when were walking through the corridor with Zoe and I was having the usual names, threats and laughs thrown at me and I ran out of school to that bus shelter and you did exactly what you've done now, you've flopped down beside me and were immediately concerned." I say, I kind of smile thinking of how Joe has always really cared about me.
"I remember that, and we got cans of coca cola on the way home." Joe says.
"Yeah." I say.
Joe pecks me on the lips.
"So what's up? Why you thinking about that?" He asks.
"I dunno, just thinking about our school days I guess." I say.
"Mmm..." Joe trails off.
"I love you.." I whisper.
"I love you more.." Joe says.
"I love you most." I say.
"Nope, I love you to infinity!" He chuckles.
I burry my head in his neck, wrapping arms around him. His wraps his arms around me and rests his chin on the back of my neck so we're just a tangle of two bodies.
We're silent for a long time, it's a hood silence. It's also like we're communicating through the silence, saying how much we love each other. Joe checks his phone and huffs, we gets up and storms out of the room. What was that about?
I find him in the living room slumped on the floor with his head on his knees.
I sit beside him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders.
"Babe, what's up?" I ask.
"Fuck off!" He whispers and shuffles away from me.
I walk up and leave, very confused. He got his wish, I'm gonna leave him alone for a while. Let him cool off a bit, get over whatever the hell just happened.
I slump on the bed. I write a tweet
'It hurts when somethings the matter with someone you love but you just can't help..' I tweet.
I get many replies of people telling me to stay strong, keep going ect and many asking if its Joe and if so, is he alright. I don't reply to any.
'For those of you concerned..I'm fine, everyone's alright. Its just a little situation that will sort its self out. Joe and I send our love, hope you're all ok too x' I tweet.
After I've been upstairs for an hour I go downstairs and Joe's no where to be seen. I go to the beach but it's bleak snd there's no Joe there. I go to Zoe's place, he's no where to be seen still.
I'm getting really worried now, where the fuck is he and what happened?
♡-♡-♡-♡-♡
Hope you liked the first chapter, I'll update soon bc this is a cliffhanger. I'll probably update every 2-3 days, or every week if I'm busy.
ily all, have a good day!
Hel🙈
Twitter - @suggsweets (used to be @royalsugg but it got deleted at 2k)
Instagram - @suggy.edits