Chapter 5

Mia's POV:

I have no plans for the two days Joe's away, I want to occupy myself but I have no idea what to do. I decide that I'll go for a walk around Brighton, maybe ask Niomi if she wants to come as I haven't seen her in a while.
I head to Marcus and Niomi's place and Marcus tells me that Niomi is on a run at the moment but she'll meet me at the beach in half an hour. I thank him and walk to the beach.
I get there and sit on the steps, I text Joe.
Text
To: Joe
From: Me

Hiya! Just at the beach waiting for Niomi so we can hang out later. Hope your day is going good. Love you xxx

I send the text. I look out to sea, my life has never been great but I guess I'm as happy as I can be now. I would quite like to move after I've married Joe, maybe one day we'll have children and have a little happy family and a happy ending. That is all I want in life.

Text
From: Joe
To: Me

Hey 'babe'😉. Yes I'm fine, glad to hear you're doing well. We're at Jake's family's house today, it's quite hard talking to them again, there's been a few tears from Zoe and I but we're okay. Love you too xxxx

I smile and send him a positive reply. I wait at the beach for a while and them Niomi gets here.
"Hey Mia!" She smiles.
"Heya!" I smile and quickly hug her.
"So, wanna go shopping?" She asks.
"Yeah sure. Let's go!" I say, cheerily.
We head off to the shops, we go a bit over the top and buy quite a lot but it's fun. We go the a café for lunch and we sit at a table. We get a coffee each and I get a cheese bagel but I know I won't finish it.
We are chatting away, laughing and catching up on whats gone on lately when I see someone I never thought would see again. Someone I hate, never want to see again. Jess, that fucking girl who bullied me. Will she ever get out of my life. I start to feel tears prick in my eyes and my breathing gets faster, sharper. Not a panic attack, not now.
"You alright?" Niomi asks.
"N-no, I need to l-l-leave!" I stutter. Niomi leads me out of the cafe just as Jess notices me. She sees me panicking and comes over.
"Oh Mia! What's wrong. Are you having a panic attack?" She asks in a sarcastically concerned voice.
"Fuck off Jess! C-c-can't you ever just leave m-my life!" I snap. I start shaking with anger. Niomi clearly has no idea what's going on but she still comforts me.
"No! Not until you and that Joe are done you're gone, like dead." Jess says, shoving me on to the concrete and laughing in my face.
Niomi gasps and helps me up.
"Whoever you are, go take a walk. You're not welcome here, Mia suffers from anorexia, panic disorder and mild anxiety and you're not helping her life. She has enough to deal with. Leave!" Niomi snaps.
"Yes. P-p-please just...GET OUT OF MY LIFE YOU STUPID BITCH!" I spit. I get up of the ground and she throws a punch at me but I dodge it, I start to run away, Niomi following closely behind shouting my name. When we are opposite my flat and a safe distance from Jess, I turn around to face Niomi.
"Sorry about that, she's a girl who bullied me really badly in school and she's never let me forget her. She always finds me and comes back to hurt me." I say.
"It's alright, if she constantly makes you feel crap why don't you just report her to the police." Niomi suggests.
"No, but thanks for helping." I give a weak smile at Niomi and she hugs me.
"It's alright, I'll always be here for you Mia." She smiles.
"Thanks! Well I better go. See you soon." I smile and head off.
"Bye!" Niomi smiles back and heads off.
I get into my flat and collapse on the double bed in tears, I take my shoes of and go over to the mirror. I see a girl who is skinny, very skinny. Her bones are sticking out in all places and she has a small, thin face. Her skin is tanned and her hair is long, thin, dark and wavy. She has dark circles under her eyes and her face looks tired, she looks like she's been through a lot, she looks depressed. This girl is me. I have no idea what Joe see's in me, I'm a skinny, tired looking wreck.
Tears start to roll down my face and I wipe them away, making mascara smudge under my eyes.
I sigh and change out of my floral dress into some comfy sweat pants and a plain white t-shirt.
I go over to the bed and slouch down, I open my laptop and skype Joe. He picks up and see's my tired, tear stained face.
"What's up?" He asks.
"It's a long story, basically I saw Jess and she says she'll never leave us alone until we're not a couple anymore and I'm dead." I say, tears coming back.
"That bitch! Oh Mia..I'm so sorry. I'll come home tomorrow instead!" Joe says.
"No, please don't. Stay another day! Your family want to see you." I say.
"It's okay, I've seen all my family and friends now, I'm coming home tomorrow!" Joe says.
"If you must!" I stifle a laugh.
Joe gives a weak laugh too.
"I love you, thanks for always beinf there." I smile.
"It's alright Mia, you matter to me." Joe says.
"I don't know why though, I've only ever mattered to a few people before, sometimes even nobody..." I trail off.
"Well, you'll always matter to me so don't say you won't." Joe laughs.
"I should go, thanks for chatting. See you tomorrow." I say.
"Love you, byee!" Joe smiles and ends the call.
"Love you too Joe...." I whisper, he's gone and can't hear me but whatever.
I run myself a nice bath and whilst it's running I take my makeup off and decide to do a face mask.
I get in the bath and relax for a while, reading.
I get out of the bath and wash of my face mask and then put some comfy pyjamas on and make myself I cup of tea. I relax for while, drinking tea and reading. It's soon about 9:30pm, I put my book down and go and brush my teeth. I climb into bed and turn the light off and snuggle into the duvet, wishing Joe was next to me to comfort me. I fall asleep, I don't get the best nights sleep because I'm thinking too much about Jess and the fact the she wants me dead. Like actually dead.
----