Chapter 36 - The Final Chapter

(A/N I know it's literally years since I wrote this, and I kind of stopped using wattpad because I gave up my twitter fan account and stopped being a "youtube fangirl". I still watch Joe's videos now and again and support him in what he does but I stopped writing stuff like this, also I find this fan fiction really cringe worthy to read back haha, even though so many people loved it (thanks!). However, I do enjoy writing in general and I felt bad for never publishing the final part to this story, that I wrote back in 2016. So here you are, to all the people who supported this and gave it SO many reads - this is the final chapter for you.)

Mia's POV:

I woke up on a sunny morning in early spring and turned over to see Joe sleeping happily next to me. The clock read 7.00am. I smiled and kissed Joe's cheek, waking him up.

"Morning Mia" he said in his husky morning voice, as he smiled at me.

"Good morning Joe" I grinned.

I got up and pulled on an oversized t shirt and went into the twins bedroom to check on them. They were both sleeping peacefully in their beds, the most perfect bundles of joy. A mix of me and the man I loved so much.

I wondered how long it would be until they wanted separate rooms, until Sylvia wanted to decorate her own room and until Max wanted space. At the moment they shared a little white bunk bed and Sylvia was always on the top bunk, and Max on the bottom. Their bedroom floor was littered with toys and books and it made me smile. I loved having children.

I heard footsteps and soon Joe's arms wrapped around my waist from behind me. I turned my head and smiled. I turned to face him and leant in to kiss him, even after all this time it still felt amazing. I remembered the first ever time he kissed me and smiled into it. I pulled away.

"What?" He asked, smiling.

"Just remembering stuff..." I trailed off grinning.

He laughed lightly and put his arm around my waist as the twins stirred in their bunk beds.

"Hey Mia?" Joe asked, in a quiet voice.

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"All the stuff we've been through, all the ups and downs. All the times you nearly just gave up on life altogether. It came to something didn't it? All the times you said happy endings didn't exist, you said you'd never get one. Well this is it. This is your happy ending. And you'll always have me, by your side, loving you, no matter what." Joe smiled at me with the happiest face I'd possibly only seen on him a number of times, in the best moments.

"You're right", I said quietly "this is my happy ending".

And with that I smiled up at my wonderful husband, over at my beautiful children, with the early morning sun filling the room and pooling across their sleeping faces. I realised in that moment that finally, all was right in my world.

-

I hope this was a satisfying ending for all you readers who I've left hanging for years. I'm sorry it was such a long time coming but I can be pleased knowing I have finished it.
Thank you all for reading :)