Chapter 28

Joe's POV:

We're at the wedding reception after the wedding and this is were I've decided to do my speech.

(Sorry if any of this is wrong, I know nothing about weddings!)

I'm getting quite nervous but I think I'll be okay.

It comes to the time when the speech needs to be said so I stand up and face everyone in the room.

"Hello everyone. So, I'm not the most confident of people, I'm also very nervous about this so I'll just get on with it. Thanks to every one of our friends and family that have come today, it means a lot.
First of all, Mia, when I met you we were only 7 and I had no idea what love was. Ever since that day in the park with Zoe we all pretty much cemented ourselves to each other. As I got older I started to have a crush on you and finally when we went to Spain back in 2013 I asked you to be my girlfriend.
You said yes and two years later I asked you to marry me and you also said yes and made me the happiest man on earth. Some may say two years was too much of a short time but we both know that it's true love and that we want to be together forever. I love you Mia, for always and forever.
Next of all, my best man, mr. Caspar Lee. I chose of you because you're great. Thanks for being a great mate and always being there for me, you will always be my mate. Cheers.
My sister Zoe, maid of honour. You are a great sister, you've always been there for me and my lovely wife Mia so thanks for that sis. You know me inside out and you always know how to handle a situation. Thanks for all that you've done.
Sarah, Tanya, Samantha and little Felicity, the bridesmaids. I only really know Sarah and Tanya, obviously, but you all seem lovely and beautiful, thanks for coming here today girls. You are all gorgeous.
Next, my mum and dad. You have both been the best parents ever and I could not have asked for better people to bring Zoe and I up and you have always made sure we were happy and if not, you'd always be there for us. Thank you so much mum and dad.
Mia's parents, Caroline and Josh, you have both known me for a long time and I would like to thank you both for always keeping Mia and I safe and making sure we were alright. You have made and brought up the most beautiful girl in the world and thanks to you two, she is the most kind and considerate person I have ever met.
Last of all, all my friends and family that are here. Weather you're family or a friend I met through school or perhaps through YouTube, you are all amazing, thank you." I finish.

Everyone claps and I grin and sit down next to Mia.

She stands up and begins to speak,
"Thank you Joe" she smiles at me, "I only have a short speech and I won't thank everyone individually because so many people have helped me through my many tough times and it would be impossible, quite frankly, to name you all out, I'd be here forever. Here it goes.
Thanks to everyone who came, beautiful bridesmaids, handsome best men, friends and family and of course my most handsome and amazing husband, Joseph." She winks and I roll my eyes at her calling me Joseph.

"So, Joe. First of all, thanks for putting up with me, I know it's a lot to ask, I am very stressful and I have a lot of emotions which I very often express and I know that you don't deal with high emotions very well but you sure can since being with me," she laughs, "you have always stuck yourself by my side through everything, well nearly but we won't go back there, and helped me with whatever, you are the most handsome, kind, caring, funny, weird, clever, amazing and hot person I have met. Thank you" she giggles and sits down, everyone claps.

"Relationship goals." I here some in the crowd laugh. I think it was Zoe or Louise, typical.

I grab Mia's hand under the desk in front of us, we are both now in a rather large room with a desk at the front facing a crowd of people in lines of chairs, these people are all the ones who came to the wedding.

Our parents are either side of us at the desk also and our siblings and their partners are in front of us in the first row. The first row is Sarah, her boyfriend Danny, Alfie, Zoe and on the end Louise. Of course, Louise has nothing to do with any of us as a relation but she just wanted to be in the front and sit by Zoe so they could 'goggle over our cuteness' as Louise put it. My sister and Louise are weird.

I look over and see Mia studying my face, taking in every detail. I look into her perfect green eyes and her eyes bore into mine. I give a small side smile and she grins, flashing her perfect teeth at me.

Our parents give quick speeches and Zoe and Sarah give some words as well, as our siblings, there are more tears too, even from me when Zoe speaks.

After the speeches we get up and walk over to the end of the desk were the huge white wedding cake is placed. It is a classic three layer wedding cake with white icing and underneath then thickly coated icing it is a chocolate cake. On top of the cake are a tiny bride and groom icing figure, they have they're hands connected and they look very like us white is so cool.

Around the middle layer it says 'I will love you..' and on the bottom layer of the cake is 'for always and forever' finishing the sentence in baby pink curly icing.

I can tell Mia is filled with joy at the sight of the cake, she wanted a classic white wedding, and this has topped it off for her I think, keeping with the style of a classic wedding.

I take the knife to cut the cake and Mia takes the little icing figures of us off the top and carefully places them on a plate. I rest the knife on top of the cake and Mia puts her hand around mine so we are both holding the knife. We cut the cake and everyone claps and cheers.

I look over at Mia and grin. This is the most perfect day of my entire life. I wrap my hands around her waist and she wraps her around my neck and we kiss, despite everyone watching us. And for the time being, the whole world just stops.
------------------------------------------
Hiya! I am super duper sorry for slow updates:/ I have explained why.
I am doing my performing arts exam on this coming Thursday and my dance shows on Friday and Saturday after it so it's all a little stressful and nerve wracking atm. Once it's all over I'll get ahead with chapters and update more.

Hope you are all well and happy, if not, keep your chin up and keep smiling, it will pass and turn out okay, I promise.

If you enjoyed this chapter;

-vote
-comment
-follow

thank you all<3

Love you mahoodles (I think I just created that word hah),
Hel🙈💕

positive quote;
"You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind" - Joyce Meyer :-)