Chapter 2

Mia's POV:

I search all around for Joe. Zoe, Alfie, Marcus and Niomi are all looking around Brighton too and we've formed a kind of search party for Joe. In the back of my mind, I have a thought. He'll be sulking somewhere, I know Joe. He would never do anything stupid.
It comes to me, somewhere he loves is the beach he proposed to me on. It takes 40 minuets or so but I'll have to go. I ring Niomi, Marcus, Zoe and Alfie and tell them I'm leaving Brighton to search for Joe on that beach and to keep looking and ring if we know anything/see him.
I get to the beach eventually and walk down onto the sand, it's nowhere near as hot and sunny as when he proposed here. It's October now and it's bleak and windy. I squint searching the beach, I can't see anyone. I suddenly a small hunched figure sitting on the rocks at the far end of the beach. I walk over slowly, checking it's him. It is! I knew it! I ring the others and they all sound relieved and I thank them for helping me. I go over to Joe and sit next to him on the rocks.
"Hello." I say simply.
No answer.
"Joe, what's up? We were so worried." I say.
Still no answer. Tears are rolling down Joe's face and he looks so upset. I pull my hoodie sleeve over my hand and wipe Joe's tears away.
"Babe, please talk to me. I understand your in the worst mood but I'm just concerned. I wanna know what happened." I say gently, I run my hand through Joe's hair and kiss the top off his head.
"He's gone." Joe says coldly, "and I never even said goodbye." He snaps.
"Oh no. Who's gone, who is it babe?" I ask quietly.
"My friend, back in Wiltshire. Remember as well as you being my friend I had a group of friends? One of them, Jake, had died of lung cancer. I never got to say goodbye." Joe says.
"Oh gosh, I'm so so sorry. That's terrible. Come here Joe." I say and and I hug Joe, he slowly snakes his strong arms around me. He feels trembly and his face is pale and stone cold, a worried and upset expression etched upon his face. It feels strange, me having to be the support for once, me being the one wiping up the others tears and telling them it will be okay.
"Shall we get you home and back into the warmth?" I whisper to Joe.
He just nods feebly and we walk across the beach hand in hand, I can't help but smile, remembering the sunny day in back in May when Joe proposed to me on this beach. We get in the car and I drive us home. We get home and I run Joe a hot bath and whilst he's in the bath I make him a hot chocolate and to be super helpful I iron the joggers he wears to bed and leave them folded at the bottom of the bed. I just put on a long jumper and knickers as my pyjamas and into bed and go on my laptop until Joe emerges from the bathroom looking much better. He puts on his joggers and gets into bed next to me. He see's the hot chocolate and smiles. He drinks it and then I put my laptop down and go brush my teeth, Joe does so too. We get into bed a lie down next to each other and I face Joe. We fix our gaze into each others eyes and I look into Joes deep, ocean blue eyes and get lost for a minuet. He smiles, and I'm happy to see him do so. He pecks me on the lips.
"Thanks Mia, you're the best. I love you." Joe whispers.
"No problem. I love you too." I whisper back.
"For always and forever?"
"For always and forever."
And with that, I drift off to sleep, Joe's strong arms wrapped around my waist.
♡-♡-♡-♡-♡
Shorter chapter, sorry! Don't forget to vote and comment.
Have a great day,
Hel👑
Twitter - @suggsweets
Instagram - @suggy.edits
Also check out my friends:
Chloe = PointlessSugglet1
Nia = nutellazoe
💕🌸🌷