Chapter 20

Mia's POV:

I wake, I look at my phone.
'6:30am Sunday the 25th December' it reads. Christmas Day! I look down towards the bottom of the bed and remember that Joe and I did stockings for each other and I see my bulging stocking and get super excited. I am secretly and 8 year old at heart I swear.
Text
To: ZoBo
Happy Christmas, omg so excited! Are you awake yet? Joe is fast asleep and I wanna get uppp. X'
I text Zoe. I reply pings through minuets later.
Text
From: ZoBo
Merry Christmas babes! Yes, I'm super excited. Alfie is fast asleep! Meet me in the living room in 10! X'
Zoe replies. I get out of bed quietly, not waking Joe and then I slip of some christmas fluffy socks and a christmassy hoodie and throw my hair into a ponytail. I quickly wash my face in the bathroom and then head to the living room.
It's dark and the fairy lights on the christmas tree are gleaming brightly. We are at Graham's (aka daddy sugg) place right now. We spent a few days at Zalfie's and then visited Tracy, Zoe and Joe's mum, last night for christmas dinner and a good old chat and present giving.
I sit by the tree with my stocking and wait for Zoe. She appears minuets later with her stocking clutched in her hand.
"Mia! Merry Christmas m'love!" She smiles.
"You too Zo!" I cheer.
We wait, chatting, for ages by the tree and soon it's 7:00 and Alfie appears. We all wish each other merry christmas and give hugs and then Joe comes in and I run over to him and wrap my arms around his neck and jump up, wrapping my legs around his waist.
"Happy Christmas babe!" I squeal.
"Happy Christmas to you too love!" He laughs and kisses my forehead before putting me down again.
Soon Graham appears and we all have breakfast together. Zoe, Joe and Alfie go and get changed so I do too but to be honest, Christmas was always a pyjama day in the Erndale household so it feels weird. I am seeing many relatives today so I may as well dress nice.
I change into black leggings and a grey Cath Kidston christmas jumper. I take my hair down, brush it then curl it and put it in a half up-half down style and then apply my usual makeup and add some red lip stick.
I head into the living room where Joe is sat with the others. Joe is wearing jeans and a christmas jumper and so is Alfie and Zoe is wearing disco pants and a little red ginger bread man jumper with a white collar poking out of the top.
Graham is also wearing a christmas jumper.
We open some presents and then Joe asks if he can give me my 'special present' and I nod.
"Okay, here you go Mia. Merry Christmas to my beautiful fiancee." He says giving me a peck on the cheek and passing me a small box shaped gift.
I tear of the wrapping paper slowly to reveal a tiny little pearl coloured box and then I open the box to reveal a necklace. It is rose gold with a tint charm on, the charm is a heart and inside the heart it says 'always and forever' in curly writing.
"Awh, oh my god Joe. Its our saying. I love it. Thank you!" I squeal and wrap him in a hug.
I show it to Zoe and Alfie.
"How cute!" Zoe giggles.
"I had no idea my little Joseph could be romantic like that!" Graham laughs. We all chuckle and I wrap myself tighly around Joe.
"I love you so bloody much." I whisper into his hair, so only he can hear.
"I love you too baby.." He whispers in my ear and I laugh. He fastens the necklace around my neck. I love it.
I give Joe his main present, the iPhone six. He unwraps it carefully and see's the box.
"You haven't?!" He asks, shocked.
"I have!" I laugh.
"Oh my gosh, you spent that much money on me?! Thank you so much!" He grins, hugging me again.
We all exchange presents and then we realise Alfie hasn't given Zoe her main present.
He stands up and takes us all outside and into the garden. He tells me, Joe and Graham to stay at the other side of the garden and takes Zoe over to a little archway that has fairy lights all over it and he fumbles in his pocket and I know what's coming.
"He's going to propose!" I whisper to Joe, grinning.
"He is, he told me!" Joe chuckles.
He gets down on one knee and holds the ring out.
"Zoe Elizabeth Sugg, will you marry me?" He asks.
Zoe's reaction is pretty much the same as how I reacted when Joe proposed to me.
Her hands shoot up to her mouth and she squeals, tears filling her eyes.
"Yes!" She squeaks and wraps herself around him for a while. They kiss and then she slips the ring on her finger. She runs over to me.
"Congratulations!" Joe, Graham and I all say in unison.
I hug her tightly, "oh my gosh!" I squeak.
She hugs everyone then shows me the ring, it's beautiful. It's gold with a tiny little diamond shaped ruby stone in the middle.
"It's gorgeous!" I say and Zoe and I fangirl over the whole situation for a while whilst the boys head inside to make a christmas lunch.
Zoe and I watch 'The Muppets Christmas Carol' whilst they make lunch and then we all finish watching it together.
After lunch, Joe drives us all, including Graham, to mine and Joe's place to meet my family and do the rest of the present giving.
We get to ours and my family start to arrive. My mum and dad and sister Sarah arrive first, then my auntie Jenna and uncle Brian and 13 year old cousin Seth and his sister Clara, who is 15. My grandad and grandma also arrive and we all give presents and laugh and have a great time. After present giving and christmas dinner, we all sit down to watch some christmas TV.
Soon, I am tired as ever. My auntie, uncle and cousins head home with my grand parents and also Graham heads back with Zoe and Alfie as they are staying at his for the night I think.
My mum, dad and sister are staying for boxing day so they stay the night.
I get super tired and head to bed.
"Night everyone, thanks for an amazing day!" I smile and head upstairs. I do my usual nightly routine and then get into bed. Before going to sleep I send out a quick tweet;
'Hope everyone has had an amazing christmas day (or just an amazing day if you don't celebrate it). Love you all!🎁🎄'
I attach a photo of Joe, Zoe, Alfie and I all smiling by the christmas tree this morning and post the tweet.
I read through replies, favouriting some and then I put my phone down and soon Joe gets into bed next to me.
"Thanks for an amazing day.." I whisper.
"It's okay. Thank you for an amazing day!" He replies.
I smile and snuggle into him before falling asleep.
______________________________________________________