Chapter 26~Secrets

We both go to prepare something to eat, but something still seems off. Ahh, I'll figure it out later. After all, I've got the literally god of nightmares with me!
Right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Y/N POV*

Believe it or not, the next few days were..actually peaceful. The usual day routine would be:
NKG saying some cheesy lines
Exploring the Nightmare Realm (it's not as big as you'd think...)
Odd dreams
Not worrying about that stuff
...cuddling-
Helping the child with ''''teething'''''
Y'know, the usual.
But of course, I could tell that Grimm was suspicious. After all that, there would have to be some sort of after-effect, right? The Radiance was definitely planning some sort of 'payback', no doubt.
Well, I'd have more information if Grimm would actually tell me about his worries instead of changing the topic to lifeblood all the time. But why lifeblood? Don't know, don't wanna know. Though that was a major concern, the fact that the ritual had not taken place in a while was slightly more...concerning? Either way, I had no idea what was going on inside this man's mind. As long as the child is with us, it meant that the Troupe Master hadn't exactly made any progress in finding the next destination...but that would mean when he does, the Nightmare King would perish?? What would I do? Holy hell I'm overthinking again. Surely he would know how to deal with this type of thing, right? After all, this can't be the first time the Nightmare King has had a lover...
"Y/N? Are you ok? You've been staring into space for like, three minutes?..." Grimm asks, sitting next to me.
"...was I?...oops." I mutter back. "...Please, don't tell me that my...alert aura is rubbing off on you. I don't want that. If there's anything concerning you, you know you can talk to me." He says, putting an arm around me.
Hah, looks who's talking.
"Maybe you should talk to me if there's anything concerning you." I reply, sighing.
"Ah-what makes you think I'm hiding anything from you?"
"Don't think I don't notice your rather odd behavior. Always reading books written in a strange language and never explaining them to me. Come to think of it, I've seen that type of writing before...back when I was in the Troupe...wait. You never answered my initial question: why did you bring me here suddenly?"
I can see his change of stance. Eyes widening, straightening his back, etc. "Uh-it was a r...random choice? Don't worry about that. You're not complaining, are you? I could always send you back, y'know." He says quickly. "Grimm! We already talked about this; I'm not complaining. I love it here! But...why so suddenly?" I try my best to ensure that I am not upset here. "Hhnghh...have you tried lifeblood-" "Are you really tryna make me talk about alcohol right now?" I cut him off. "I'm being serious!" (Lifeblood is canonically considered taboo in Hallownest, hence why you can find it hidden in places and why it's stored in the Abyss.)

Grimm's face changes from kind to shocked. Did I yell?..."Y-Y/N...what's with the tone? You know I'm here...after all...to uh-talk...to...I'm repeating myself, aren't I?" This guy..."Yes, yes you are. And I will repeat myself too in that case. You can talk to me too! I'm not blind, I can see somethings up!" I stand up quickly, looking down on him. "....you're quite stubborn, aren't you?" He says, voice barley above a whisper. "Stu-you didn't even suggest anything besides the fact that I should ignore your state?? What are you doing at this point, are you afraid that I can't take it? That I'm weak? Also, what is your deal with lifeblood? There are so many questions a-"

He stands up, reminding me how fucking tall and intimidating he can really look sometimes. I stop speaking. Now you've really done it this time, Y/N!! He clearly doesn't wanna talk about it so why be so pushy--

Warmth surrounds me.

Hug?

H u g.

"I truly cannot express how sorry I am. I didn't know you..thought that I thought you couldn't handle...'it'." Grimm's quiet and muffled voice speaks. I stand still for a moment, unsure of what to do. Blushing slightly, I wrap my arms around him.

I don't say anything, for I can't think of what to do. An odd mixture of guilt, anger, and....and....this overwhelming tiredness swirls up inside.

Well, this is awkward.

After about 33 seconds, I push back slightly, looking up at him. Smiling slightly, I say, "You seem tired......when's the last time you've slept?" Grimm awkwardly shuffles and laughs. "Guess there's no use in lying to you now...I've slept, you've been there...you know...when I-er-we go to bed, I do fall asleep, but I...don't?"

Good grief. 

"...wow, ok...I'll get the child--who we need to think of a name for, we can't keep calling them 'the child'. It's weird. Anyway, I'll set them to sleep and when I get back, you need to be...uh-asleep! I know you're the God of Nightmares and stuff, but take care of yourself!!"

He nods slowly and I exit the room sighing.  Though right after I step food out of there, I faintly hear:

"...she was a good choice."

Me when the uh
when
uh
Everybody thank VenDoesStuff
this conversation ensured that I write (yes I got permission to show this)

Me when the uh when uhEverybody thank VenDoesStuff this conversation ensured that I write (yes I got permission to show this)

next chapter has already begun don't die on me plz :(
(funny because i'm the one who has been dead since january lolololol)