Chapter 1~Hello

~intro~

           Just another day in Hollownest. Waking up, getting ready, and leaving my room. Yep. I'm part of the Grimm Troupe! yay. Grimm is....interesting. Mainly because he only ever talks to me when I tell him that I finished another sign. Yes. My job here is to 'advertise' and make signs. So pretty much art stuff. I didn't mind though. I even got the chance to meet other bugs outside of the troupe! There's Quirrel, Ghost, Hornet (she tried to kill me) Elderbug, the shopkeepers, and infected bugs I had to kill! Oh and I can fight and defend myself really well, part of the reason I got this job. Wow. Such a long intro. A n y w a y s, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*yo POV*

It was a normal day-er night. I was busy designing a sign that said, "Grimm Troupe! Come see their show only for 5 geo! (Per bug)" There was a big sale and Grimm had mindlessly put all the pressure onto me. M e h. Suddenly, Grimm flipping burst into the room- "Y/N. How's the sign going?" He asked. "Uh. Almost done." I replied, still concerned about his sudden entry. "Good." Was all Grimm said before teleporting away. "Da hek."

           "Finished." I said. Grimm looked up from his desk and took the sign. "Very well. This belongs in the City of Tears. You'll meet Menderbug near the Hollow Knight's Statue. Will you be able to do it?" He asked as he looked at me. I nodded. "It's just here to the City. Is there anything else I should take?" I ask. Grimm hummus and nods. I do have some stuff for Lemm. Random trinkets. Do you have a satchel?" I nod. "Good."

*time skip to the actual city*

"Menderbug? Hello?" I ask. "Ah-I'm here! I'm here." A small yet familiar bug rushes toward me. "Soooooooo.....where's the sign?" He asked enthusiastically. "Heh. Here you go! Grimm said to put of up near Lemm's store since so many bugs pass by." I said. Menderbug nods. "Yep! Follow me!" "He's so joyful and I love it."

                    "There we go!" Menderbug smiled as he admired the sign. "Thanks! I've just got to give some stuff to Lemm, then I'll be on my way home." I say. Menderbug nods. "Righty-o. I'll be heading back home myself. See ya!" He said. "See you!" I walked towards Lemm and pulled out my satchel. "Grimm wanted you to have these." Lemm eyed the items. "Three King's Idol, one Hollownest Seal and two Wanderer Journals. This is going to be an interesting evening." He said in his usual monotone voice. "...how much for these?" Lemm asked.

                     I pulled out the paper Grimm had given to me. "Uhhh...each King's Idol will be five geo...the Hollownest Seal will be free since Grimm seriously needs to get rid of it, and each Wanderer Journal is fifteen geo. Grimm knows how much you like those." I muttered the last part, but Lemm heard it. "I see. A fair bargain. I'll take everything." He replied and pulled out 45 geo. "Thanks, Grimm will be delighted. Stay safe!" I said as I took the geo. Lemm's eyes shone as he took all the new items. "Time to go back to Dirthmouth..."

W o w. Feels nice to write a chapter again. So I tried to give Grimm a different personality for this book because i said so. Hope you enjoyed!