Chapter 12~Child

*Yo POV*

                   I woke up-wait. Woke up? I was sleeping?! I quickly look around me, only to see Grimm. Next to me. Sleeping. I then glance at my leg to see....a Grimmchild? "Troupe Master never let anyone near the child..." I thought.  Grimm groaned next to me and pulled me closer. "It's been three weeeeeeeks." He mumbled.

             I blush slightly and stay still. "Wouldn't want to upset a tired Nightmare King." I thought. "But really. Where did Grimmchild come from?" Just as I finished the thought, Grimmchild let out a loud yawn, waking Grimm up. His gaze shifted from me to Grimmchild. "Ah-Y/N...sorry about that haha..." He said. "It's fine. I needed some sleep anyway...also, where did this Grimmchild come from?" I ask, changing the subject.

                "Child? Where did you come from? Is the ritual finished? No it can't be-" He was cut off by Grimmchild latching into his face, with a, 'Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.' Adorable. Grimm took the child and cradled it. Their eyes shifted to  me, then suddenly running (scooting) into my lap. "Uh. Hi there!" I said, gently stroking their head. Grimmchild purred and rolled over. "Just like a goddamn cat." I thought, smiling. "They seem to like you." Grimm said. The child responded with a loud yawn. "Awh...you tired?" I asked. They responded by nibbling my finger. "Mama?" They suddenly asked. "What?" "Mamaaaaaaaaaa." They practically wined. I glanced over at Grimm. "'Mama?'" I asked. "Erm. Well it's the first time the child has seen both...genders." Grimm explained with a bit of a...flirtatious tone. "Ah."

               A few hours had passed and Grimmchild had settled on flat-out refusing on calling me my name, and instead calling me, 'Mama' and Grimm 'Papa'. "Wow that's awkward." I think as I picked up a book. It was titled, 'Why...' I sat down next to Grimm. Yep. We were chilling in his room. I open the book.

"After you grow old and retire from your job, what do you do? Nothing. Just relax and chill. If that's the last stage of life, why bother learning in school and getting a job? As a child, they are told to enjoy life. Then why not begin relaxing and chilling then? Instead they are forced to go to school and learn. Learn then get a job. Retire and relax, as all kids want. This entire 'cycle of life' is pointless, really."
I turn the page.
"What are we? Just living creatures on a dying rock, that's what we are. A creatures' only goal is to live, really. No matter what job you get, you need money. Money brings happiness, and happiness helps people enjoy life. It also buys food and water, helping you live. Once you die, game over. That's it. Again, this is pointless."

           My eyes widen as I realize how much if it is true. What I didn't notice was Grimm looking over my shoulder. "Damn. That's deep." He said. It slightly startled me. "It really is, isn't it." I replied. Grimmchild seemed to be upset with the lack of attention, so they practically yelled, "Papaaaaaaaa!!" Grimm laughed and picked up the child. "Don't worry..." He whispered. Grimmchild immediately calmed down and flipped their little wings. (Grimmchild is on phase one; when you first get them) "Are you gonna fly?" Grimm askes, clearly exited. The child coos and attempts to fly....and falls. I quickly catch them. They seem to be upset, making unhappy noises and flapping their wings quickly. "Shhh...it's ok. It was your first try!" I say. Grimmchild gives me a, 'Pyaaaa' and snuggles into my chest. "Yep. The child really likes you."

This is an edited-er, more like a re-written version of the original Chapter 12. I didn't like the plot I had set for the original one so boom. Hope you enjoyed!!!!